• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baby Come Back; '70 Charger Restoration

S Carolina gets that way for about 3 months, have to work on it at night if you get lucky if its not 80 plus.

All that complaining about it being too cold when you lived in NY...
And now you're complaining about discomfort in the heat? :rolleyes:
:drama: :poke:

1713183082466.png

My wife was giving me schit about that this weekend. She said you didn't do that all winter because you said it was too cold, and if you don't do it now soon you will be saying that you can't do it because it's too hot outside!

The wife's uses all kinds of inhumane tactics to get me to do yard work!

Most of the dr pan is out and looking good and solid, my buddy is going to spray some por-15 and set the pan.

imagejpeg_1 (6).jpg

imagejpeg_0 (24).jpg

@davek Are your door hinges in good shape?

Don't adjust them torsion bars until you get the motor back in it Dave. You might flip the car over if you do :poke:

He can adjust the tortion bars from the drivers seat like Richard Petty used to do while racing!

Okay, not a Charger, not even a B body, but I hope to say that someday too. I’ve had this car on the market for about 3 years now. Not a full court press, but I’d like to see it go to a good home. 66 Signet convertible, original commando car, special ordered by a steel company exec. It’s a cool little car, someday it’s prince will come!

75A1A97C-6407-4C3C-A950-2BAB04C14B8C.jpeg

Okay, not a Charger, not even a B body, but I hope to say that someday too. I’ve had this car on the market for about 3 years now. Not a full court press, but I’d like to see it go to a good home. 66 Signet convertible, original commando car, special ordered by a steel company exec. It’s a cool little car, someday it’s prince will come!

View attachment 1680627
The dealer who was the original owner of my GTX also drove a '63 Signet Convertible. He kept the Signet after he sold the GTX. Somewhere there has to be a buyer with similar tastes. I share them, but I'm past the point of multiple cars.

The dealer who was the original owner of my GTX also drove a '63 Signet Convertible. He kept the Signet after he sold the GTX. Somewhere there has to be a buyer with similar tastes. I share them, but I'm past the point of multiple cars.
I too am culling the herd. It’s just getting too overwhelming. And the sheer amount of resistance over trying to help folks who want/need to get rid of their family estates full of cars and parts is just becoming too much. Why come to me for help, then when I try to help, they do everything in their power to not let me help.

congrats! i know it’s a great feeling. i stored my car for a long time ( near 20 years) before i found a compitent body metal guy . we are making great progress on the metal work. so nice to see …..
Our Chargers had a similar life...slumbering in storage for well over 2 decades, part of the hesitation was finding a body man to trust...and our cars needed very similar work; front floors, trunk, rear valance, torsion bar crossmember, a rear lower quarter and general sheetmetal work on the exterior. Looking forward to your progress! Mine left home just after Christmas 2023 and came back home this early June. 5 months, I was surprised it got done so quick!

it's either too hot, too cold, or too nice.......... pick one
Out here on the LEFT coast, we have weather issues too.
Snow is not a concern but it can get down into the 20s overnight sometimes. You dudes in the snow belt may laugh at that and that is fine. It is a matter of what you're used to dealing with.
I used to work outside in all conditions but we were usually sent home when it rained.
We'd work in the cold, the wind and the heat. Once it crossed 100, we'd often leave for the day.
My Summer routine has often been to work in the backyard shop until I get uncomfortable, come into the house to cool off and then go back out again. I keep shirts in the shop to change out. I hate working in a pool of sweat and a wet shirt feels like I'm swimming in it. The change to a dry shirt feels so much better.
There have been times that I get dressed to go out back, open the patio door and after feeling the heat or the cold.....closed the door and decided that I didn't want to deal with the crappy weather that day!

I would prefer the term "reconstructed" over "saved" ........ the only thing they saved was the vin....... not that I'm against that......
Rebodied

I don't know about that...
Depends on where on the west coast or Calif. "snow isn't a concern"
yeah maybe in the valley it isn't :poke:
go 100 miles (or more) east it can & very well could/will be :thumbsup:
gets almost just as hot up here too
Out here on the LEFT coast, we have weather issues too.
Snow is not a concern but it can get down into the 20s overnight sometimes. You dudes in the snow belt may laugh at that and that is fine. It is a matter of what you're used to dealing with.
I used to work outside in all conditions but we were usually sent home when it rained.
We'd work in the cold, the wind and the heat. Once it crossed 100, we'd often leave for the day.
My Summer routine has often been to work in the backyard shop until I get uncomfortable, come into the house to cool off and then go back out again. I keep shirts in the shop to change out. I hate working in a pool of sweat and a wet shirt feels like I'm swimming in it. The change to a dry shirt feels so much better.
There have been times that I get dressed to go out back, open the patio door and after feeling the heat or the cold.....closed the door and decided that I didn't want to deal with the crappy weather that day!
gotta' love rain & Union jobs, working in the elements
still get paid for a 1/2 day too
or supposed to

We never got paid on rain days. We were only paid for the hours that we worked.
I was ok with that.

Auto Transport Service
Back