• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I buy this non-Mopar? Hint it's a Pontiac.

SteveSS

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
I posted this question on LSX.com but it doesn't have near the traffic this site has. I don't hate Pontiacs. I have been looking for a reasonably priced '98-'02 WS6 or FireHawk 6-speed in black please. I drove by this one but I just can't decide.

2002 Trans Am, (Last year.) red, AT, leather, T-Tops, 134K miles. Non-LS6 hood. It has a weird NHRA package that gave it a 3.23 rear gear, aluminum driveshaft, chrome wheels, a power steering cooler and badges. The shop owner said it was lady's car. The paint and interior looks nice. Price on the window was $7k but when I asked what she would take he said $6.5k. I'd probably drive it for awhile then try to flip it. I'm sure the tires are old. Nice 6-speeds with reasonable miles are usually $17k and up.

What say you?

Just so you know, my Mopars are '69 Charger, '71 Charger, '70 Coronet 500. '71 Challenger and the most wicked Mopar ever....1982 Dodge Ram 50, really a Mitsubishi. You guys know of my '97 Camaro SS but it's an LT1 not an LS motor. I've seen these built MFers pull the front wheels off the ground!

Looks like this.
ta.jpg

Last edited:
98-2002 Who ever designed that front end - hood on the WS6 Trans Am should get a that a boy pat on the back - About as hood as it gets

Hey, you're not married to Ma Mopar! You can chase some wild *** if you want too.

I posted this question on LSX.com but it doesn't have near the traffic this site has. I don't hate Pontiacs. I have been looking for a reasonably priced '98-'02 WS6 or FireHawk 6-speed in black please. I drove by this one but I just can't decide.

2002 Trans Am, (Last year.) red, AT, leather, T-Tops, 134K miles. Non-LS6 hood. It has a weird NHRA package that gave it a 3.23 rear gear, aluminum driveshaft, chrome wheels, a power steering cooler and badges. The shop owner said it was lady's car. The paint and interior looks nice. Price on the window was $7k but when I asked what she would take he said $6.5k. I'd probably drive it for awhile then try to flip it. I'm sure the tires are old. Nice 6-speeds with reasonable miles are usually $17k and up.

What say you?

Just so you know, my Mopars are '69 Charger, '71 Charger, '70 Coronet 500. '71 Challenger and the most wicked Mopar ever....1982 Dodge Ram 50, really a Mitsubishi. You guys know of my '97 Camaro SS but it's an LT1 not an LS motor. I've seen these built MFers pull the front wheels off the ground!

Looks like this. View attachment 1721894
Grab it. One of the few cars I thought was any good when it was new.

I'd love to get my hands on one if it was a M/T.
A friend of mine hand one years ago and it was a blast.
I always think of this video when I recall that car.
It doesn't help your cause however Steve :lol:

Last edited:
My brother has a 99 or 00 Firehawk T-top he wants to sell. Its an LS w/an auto though. Its low miles like 40k I believe. WS6 wheels & ram-air hood/underhood parts(original included). Has a Corsa exhaust & a bunch of small mods. Superb condition. Red. No snow/rain. Think he wants $12,000 in NE Ohio(Madison). Its a very nice car,but its an auto, but if you want more details PM me for his contact info.

My friend has a 98 WS6 Ram Air 6 speed convertible Trans Am with 300 miles on it. Red with a black top,and interior. A true time capsule! The first year of the LS engine in a Trans Am. He also has a 97 Anniversary Camaro Z28 convertible 6 speed. White with the orange stripes with 4600 miles on it. That has the LT small block Chevy engine in it.

My friend is waiting for them to climb in value, right now they are at the low point, it's a good time to buy one. Once they come into their own, they will go crazy price wise like everything else has. He is going to sell both of the low mileage convertibles. He has two other Z28 convertibles currently for sale,one 6 speed, one automatic. He also has another 98 Ram Air convertible 6 speed that he drives.

I have an aussie Pontiac, 2004 GTO built by Holden. Not crazy about the looks, but I pumped up the LS1 to 415 WHP, put in some coilover suspension wide tires etc they are small and light a blast to drive around the little 2 lane roads through the wheat fields here. Like a fat chick as long as your friends dont see you in it

I'd buy it to drive and have fun, and then flip. Of course I'd wear a bag over my head when driving in public.

When they first came out they reminded me of this. They've grown on me and I like them now.
bull1.jpg

I have also been looking at several other Brand X vehicles lately to buy for owning something different since all you Mopar weenies have priced the average Mopars right out of an average Joe's reach to purchase one these days...
I have been leaning towards AMC's and even a few GM's.

Auto Transport Service
Back