• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Speedometer gears

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 MEAN66

Local time
3:14 AM
Reaction score
Believe i am looking for the following gears. there for my TCI Modified Trans (727) Gear ratio - my street gear- is 4.10's a green 39 tooth for the 30" tires and a red 36 tooth for the 28" tires. thanks Jerry Horn will go down and check to see what I have if anyone needs something. Will add to this later as to what is here. Jerry Horn

Am in process of pulling trans. ( on back in home shop). Flex plate oops! will find out what gear is actually in trans, now so I am sure which one I need. Will get back to all once I know. Thanks

Believe i am looking for the following gears. there for my TCI Modified Trans (727) Gear ratio - my street gear- is 4.10's a green 39 tooth for the 30" tires and a red 36 tooth for the 28" tires. thanks Jerry Horn will go down and check to see what I have if anyone needs something. Will add to this later as to what is here. Jerry Horn
You may need to look up on different charts for the proper gear. The chart I just looked at said a 36 tooth for 30" tires and a 38 tooth for 28" tires. Makes sense that the gear for taller tires has less teeth.

Speedometer pinion.png

You may need to look up on different charts for the proper gear. The chart I just looked at said a 36 tooth for 30" tires and a 38 tooth for 28" tires. Makes sense that the gear for taller tires has less teeth.

View attachment 948785
Ya and if ya use a calculator it's 38.5 or 39.3. So I called Layson (as they support us) and ordered a 36 and a 39 Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back