• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spot Welders

chtampa

Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I have been searching for a spot welder to finish installing some panels. The Harbor Freight is cheap and breaks a lot. It also has too fine of a point at the weld. I have considered flattening out the tips a bit to give a 5/16 inch spot weld. I am only going to use this for this one project. The decent two sided welders are very pricey for a single project. I have looked at a used Lenco that has a ground and two "stinger" tips but it only welds from one side. I do not want to use a mig because of access issues to clean the welds. Has anyone used or made an attachment for a tig machine that works or is it a different design? I also have an old transformer, very heavy, out of an old ambulance that makes 110ac out of 12 volts dc. Lenco has a two sided spot welder accessory that is $500 if I can find an alternative to attach it to. Any ideas to keep me from spending thousands on a machine?

I have the 220V HF spot welder and it has worked well. I would love to have one of the Miller versions but I do not spot weld enough to warrant the cost. I believe that the Miller probes (of which there are a number of designs) fit the HF machine but I am not 100% certain.

we had several threads on this subject , but I have two that I have had and still use one is a Lenco I have all the accessories that go with it also
s-l500.jpg
and a auto arc made by miller and have all the different tongs with it
s-l1600.jpg
both of these have never failed me you can find this used also plus there are other companies that make knock off`s cheap

for the Miller hand held you can also get or make a stand if need be

simulation spot welds with mig

Thanks snakeyes! lots of info there. I bought one of those cheap HF but a Canadian Princess Auto version. Good for making boxes or drawers. Very limited around a car.

there are so many different brands and styles and prices do your home work you do not have to purchase new products they are out there fron new never used to used and then there is abused units search for your ideal unit at one time I no you could rent them

I had someone tell me that I can find a "head unit" and attach it to any welder and set it on "continuous". Has anyone done this?

Auto Transport Service
Back