• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SS Spring Question

64Belvedere

Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
What is the difference between the 3800 LB ss Springs and the 3400LB version? Do they make the car sit different or do they just ride stiffer? Does anyone have the 3800 pound ones on their street rides? Anyone have pics with the 3800s?

I went with the 3800 due to thats what was recommended. My brother Aloso has the 3800 on his '66 coronet. Both street cars, when i first installed them i could noticed some ride difference but not any more.
101_4054.jpg

101_4066.jpg

008.jpg

Those sit nice. I'm after a nice stance but don't want the tail in the sky. I have a set of 3800lb ss springs but I never installed them. I'm afraid of heights so to speak. I'm afraid that the XHD stock ones will be too low. Not sure what to do....

3400lb SS springs with front lowered slightly and running 60/40 shocks.

vbpgimage.php
[/IMG]

I went with the 3400lb SS springs on my '64 Belvedere. I also had to use the 2" front hangers - which were 3/4" too long. So I had to drill different mounting holes than what they came with.

Sorry no pictures(car is apart) but 3400 lbs on a 65 Belvedere I. If you are going to have Full Dress, Radio ,Heater,Interior,Spare/Jack etc. You should be ok with the 3800's

3400's

Attachments

• 6. Satellite right-rear.jpg
    6. Satellite right-rear.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 498
  • 1. Satellite left-rear.jpg
    1. Satellite left-rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 502
I bought my 3400 lb SS springs from Mancini. Ron

coollowes.jpg

3400# springs

Attachments

• Straight on side.jpg
    Straight on side.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 425
  • Side shot.jpg
    Side shot.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 445
62Savoy that front shot of your car really looks good. I see you did an indoor car show also. :hello2: Ron

Remember the early year Belvederes use A body springs.... and A body shackles .. I bought the same ones as 383man... from mancini racing...

i kinda like the stance best after seeing all the pics of the 3800 lb springs but you all have very nice rides.

I agree the 3800's have a cool stance. I do have a new set kicking around.....

Auto Transport Service
Back