• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Staging lane etiquette??

What to do,,,,,,,,WHAT TO DO????????????

• Wait a minute or 2 then go,even if he is not started.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask someone what the problem is,then just go.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HEMI-ITIS

STREETER on LI
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
Lets say your in the staging lanes racing with your regular association,the pairing has been made and there are still a few pairs in front of you.You are paired with a guy you know for YEARS and he id having a problem starting.What would you do?????:edgy:

I always help out friends
I have gone as far as rebuilding a transmission for a guy in the pits
love those old steel garbage pails great holding fixture for a rebuild

unless the person is a total douche bag I always help out

i'd wait and let the pairs of cars that are behind me go and wait for my paired opponent.
if after all the cars are gone and my opponent still cant get his car running then i'd stall a little longer then proceed to the burnout box and drive very very slow.
i'd want to give him every opportunity to make his pass.
now thats etiquette.

you should always try to give the guy a chance to get his car started, side by side racing always better.

you should always try to give the guy a chance to get his car started, side by side racing always better.

absolutely!
i guess you'd only b line it and make a dash for the burnout box is if your desperate for a win.
:edgy:

side by side racing next to you would have been better than going against a 12.03 car.
i want to get chased down by someone once in a while. 8.50's is better.way to go c.
65hemiatlebanonvalley42410PIC3.jpg

Your chance is coming for sure, all good things come sooner than later. What a great day we had at LV and its just going to get better LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'd wait and let the pairs of cars that are behind me go and wait for my paired opponent.
if after all the cars are gone and my opponent still cant get his car running then i'd stall a little longer then proceed to the burnout box and drive very very slow.
i'd want to give him every opportunity to make his pass.
now thats etiquette.

Well stated;do unto others...The roles could easily be reversed.

or it's a money race!!! :pixie::rolling:

no money race here.
we race for a square NENDRA CLASS WINNER DECALS and a trophy.
we race for bragging rights with NENDRA.
WE have a very tough bunch of racers who dont play around!

65PLYMOUTHATLEBANONVALLEY.jpg

I was too busy with the strippers that SSR brought so!!!!!

I am still shocked that Clinton's slip said he bulbed and I never saw it come on???? I was on the tower when he ran and it never lit...

Last edited:
I also would wait and give him every chance he can have to get it running and race me. Thats just good sportmanship in my book and thats what most of us are all about. :) Ron

you gotta give the opponent every chance to get his car going.unless you have a different agenda. leaving your opponent to get dq is totally unethical.

It depends on the brand of car they're driving :D

I would also give him every chance to get his car going.
BUT
There is a guy at our track that I never wait on! WHY? He likes to screw around in the staging lanes and has said that is his strategy. He waits for the other racer to Pre-stage and lets them sit there and"get all nervous" while he goes through his pre race routine. He did it to me once when I first started racing and yes I red lit! I now do my burn out and race to the staging line and set off both lights so HE has to hurry his routine. It gets him everytime:yes: By the way just so you don't think I am a A$$, he drives a camaro

I would also give him every chance to get his car going.
BUT
There is a guy at our track that I never wait on! WHY? He likes to screw around in the staging lanes and has said that is his strategy. He waits for the other racer to Pre-stage and lets them sit there and"get all nervous" while he goes through his pre race routine. He did it to me once when I first started racing and yes I red lit! I now do my burn out and race to the staging line and set off both lights so HE has to hurry his routine. It gets him everytime:yes: By the way just so you don't think I am a A$$, he drives a camaro

had the same thing with another racer who always wanted me to stage 1st.
the rule for proper etiquette is faster car stages last.:edgy:

Where Do you get that staging rule I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Max Weg

Where Do you get that staging rule I can't seem to find it anywhere?

Max Weg

if you've been racing for awhile, its just proper to let the faster car stage last.
thats we do it here in good ol' USA!:grin:

Auto Transport Service
Back