• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Staging lane etiquette??

What to do,,,,,,,,WHAT TO DO????????????

• Wait a minute or 2 then go,even if he is not started.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ask someone what the problem is,then just go.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry I have raced awhile on both side of the border and no where is it a standing rule. I guess I missed that one in etiquette school EH!

Max Weg

Sorry I have raced awhile on both side of the border and no where is it a standing rule. I guess I missed that one in etiquette school EH!

Max Weg

yep, your sure did!:rolling:
ask a few of your buddies, what they do.
not everyone does it but the good racers know what to do at the starting line.:grin:

I guess as a foot braker I am not going to sit on the convertor for 10 seconds to wait for the faster car that probably runs a trans brake. At best I would go red worst case i would hurt the converter or trans doing this many times. I have been hung out that way before. So sorry if we face off sometime I will not stage before you even if you think I should. I don't hang anyone out once they stage I stage up quickly.

Max Weg

I guess as a foot braker I am not going to sit on the convertor for 10 seconds to wait for the faster car that probably runs a trans brake. At best I would go red worst case i would hurt the converter or trans doing this many times. I have been hung out that way before. So sorry if we face off sometime I will not stage before you even if you think I should. I don't hang anyone out once they stage I stage up quickly.

Max Weg

i believe theres a 7 second time rule otherwise DQ according to NHRA ruling.

here ya go max weg.
rules from nhra

Mar 27, 2009 ... The auto-start system limits the time to seven seconds that a driver can stage once their opponent has lit both pre-stage and stage beams

That is if auto start is engaged, and then from when you are both staged how long until the tree is activated? But no matter its to long to sit on the convertor.

Max Weg

I dont know about that being any kind of rule ?? But what I do is I do my small burnout and heat the tires up and then I go right up and stage. Sometimes the other guy has already staged but most of the time I go in first. But thats just me as I want to race and not fool around and I dont care in bracket racing who goes in first. When I stage first I dont come up on the converter and roll into the stage lite until the other guy pre stages. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back