• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering column shifter issues

Now why would you be all worried about that?!? Drink a soda pop and relax! :lol:
Witnessed an oil change
joint employee crushed
between a Ramcharger door
and a bay door frame when
the trans dropped in reverse
on it's own. Luckily he
survived.
I realize your sense of
humor....
I'm one of the paranoid types
that can't seem to take
enough precautions.
Maybe that's why I'm 70
and have been working on
cars since I was 14.
Never have had a case of
synged eyebrows from a
backfiring carb.

Witnessed an oil change
joint employee crushed
between a Ramcharger door
and a bay door frame when
the trans dropped in reverse
on it's own. Luckily he
survived.
I realize your sense of
humor....
I'm one of the paranoid types
that can't seem to take
enough precautions.
Maybe that's why I'm 70
and have been working on
cars since I was 14.
Never have had a case of
synged eyebrows from a
backfiring carb.
Yes, obviously my comment was in jest since @dadsbee 's door hit his soda pop machine.

I am also the cautious type. I take my time with potentially dangerous things and try to make sure everything stays safe. But things can still happen. I believe @dadsbee is pretty cautious and skilled, but sometimes the unexpected can take you by surprise. My 73 Road Runner once had a very slight mis-adjustment of the Slap Stik shifter and almost rolled away once I put it in Park (but it wasn't). It had never done that before, but all of the sudden I was desperately trying to unlock the door and slam my foot on a brake!

Just to update the thread. I took the car out for a pleasure drive in 104 degree heat (pleasure in this temperature?).

Made five stops and the car started in Park 5 for 5.

I'm declaring it fixed. Thanks for the replies and feedback.

Auto Transport Service
Back