• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stuck butterfly valve!

Sadie_the_66

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Currently going through the old and sad 318 in my 66 satellite and doing a mild performance build until I can scrap up the money to build the big block I want, and when I got the manifolds off I got a little curios and looked at them a little closer. Behold I find the valve in the manifold stuck CLOSED! I am a little surprised that the engine ran as well as it did. (Especially considering all the other factors like the cam and valves) I filled the bowls of the head to see how bad the valves were, and they were even worse than expected... 4 of the cylinders drained the water out in probably less than a minute, ended up having 3 bad intake valves and one exhaust. The motor is getting a new cam, lifters, valve job, timing set, and headers. Should run a whole lot better hopefully.

Well, you’ll find out how the rings are.

Well, you’ll find out how the rings are.
Gonna take my chances and see if I can get away with leaving the bottom end, could be a mistake but I'm willing to take that risk and see if it will last me.

Auto Transport Service
Back