• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tach pegging out

Trouble44

Local time
3:11 AM
Reaction score
Hi. I just installed a new board in my 70 Bee. As soon as you turn the key on it pegs out. Even if you disconnect the tach wire. I have down a few of these and never had problems before. I took it apart checked the wiring everything is wired correctly. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks

Hi. I just installed a new board in my 70 Bee. As soon as you turn the key on it pegs out. Even if you disconnect the tach wire. I have down a few of these and never had problems before. I took it apart checked the wiring everything is wired correctly. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks
:xscuseless:

Check again.

Are you talking about the cluster board? Did you install one of the RT specialties boards? Or an OE board with a voltage limiter? Or are talking about the tach board itself?

The tach board I got it from classic industries. It is the round board it pegs out even with the tach wire disconnected.

I think I would double check my wiring to the board connections. Provided that makes sense - I’m only familiar with the 66 tach and sender board.

Auto Transport Service
Back