• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tachometer Wiring Help

68Dodge

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in process of figuring out all the wiring on my 68 Coronet. After taking out all the wiring 25yrs ago (yes, I was a stupid teenager with a mopar), I don't remember how the wiring on the tach goes back together. The wiring diagrams that I have don't really help as to where the Gray wire and Blue wire goes to which side on the back of the tach. I have the Dark Blue wire (coming from fuse block) and the Gray wire (on the engine side going to the negative post on the coil). I'm not sure which side of the tach the Blue wire hooks up to. And the back side of the tach doesn't show me a positive or negative. I appreciate any help on this.

Oh, also can you tell me what type of fuse does it use (5A, 10A...etc). Again, thank you.

The blue wire should go to a stud Terminal on the tach and to the ignition switched side of the back of the fuse box.
The gray goes to a Male spade terminal on the tach and to the neg on the coil.

Thanks for the reply, but both are stud terminals on the back of the tach. I will post a picture when I get home.

Hello,
By any chance can someone snap a picture of back of their tach showing how the wires are hooked up. Unfortunately, the back of my tach are two posts and no spade connector on it. I was going to post a picture, but it's just back of the tach with two posts. Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Auto Transport Service
Back