• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Technoligy is a wonderful thing........Check this out

747mopar

Local time
7:34 AM
Reaction score
Since I still have an annoying high speed vibration (80+ mph) even after just finishing the Viper tranny install (new driveshaft) I decided to start researching driveshaft angles which led me to this.
http://www.tremec.com/menu.php?m=154

It's a sweet app for your smart phone that turns your phone into a level that shows what and where to take the measurements then tells you which ones are off, pinion, tranny angle, etc. It also has rpm calculators for gear ratios, tire sizes, etc. Pretty cool

I figure someone will have something to say about the vibration so I better elaborate. Last year I was running a bone stock configuration, 400 BB, 727 auto, stock K member, stock tranny cross member, has no undercarriage rot at all but I did use 2" drop leaves. I was confident that it was the driveshaft since it was an original and could have very easily lost a weight or gotten bent over the years but it still persist. I'll let you know how the app works.

Yeah but I bet your computer doesn't transform into an angle finder does it?

- - - Updated - - -

I used it today and don't know what to say, I tested the phone against a known level surface and it's definitely accurate but doesn't give the same result every time. I'm right on the edge so just a slight difference will put me either green or red but yes it does work although I'll be using a real angle finder to make the changes. I think the real holdup with the app is that if trying to use it without a cover on your phone the buttons sticking out cause a problem and covers aren't perfectly flat so that doesn't work well either.

Auto Transport Service
Back