• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Texas Toy Box - Beware!

hollywood1336

Local time
8:27 PM
Reaction score
Just want to throw this out the for any future potential buyers, if you are looking at or talking to one of the two idiots at Texas Toy Box about the purchase of one of their Mopars, beware. These guys will lie, cheat and steal their way into your wallet and sell you a rolling piece of crap. Do not trust anything they say over the phone and any pictures they send to you. If you cant't do a personal inspection or have a friend do an inspection for you, walk away. And once you do the inspection, if they let you. you will walk away anyway. I have first hand experience, althought I blame myself for trusting them. Beware, these guys are the devil.

These guys have had a lousy rep for years....just don't understand how they manage to stay in business but I guess they are like Hennessey Performance in that they make money by being rip offs.

These guys have had a lousy rep for years....just don't understand how they manage to stay in business but I guess they are like Hennessey Performance in that they make money by being rip offs.

Hennessey? do tell please.

B.b.b.

Just want to throw this out the for any future potential buyers, if you are looking at or talking to one of the two idiots at Texas Toy Box about the purchase of one of their Mopars, beware. These guys will lie, cheat and steal their way into your wallet and sell you a rolling piece of crap. Do not trust anything they say over the phone and any pictures they send to you. If you cant't do a personal inspection or have a friend do an inspection for you, walk away. And once you do the inspection, if they let you. you will walk away anyway. I have first hand experience, althought I blame myself for trusting them. Beware, these guys are the devil.

That suck, I feel for you... Alway check with the Better Business Bureau when dealing with any large purchase especially out of state or just GOOGLE their name & you can get a ton of information on almost anyone or any business...

Feel for ya man, Really sucks when this crap happens! Sounds like you got a real screw job.. There is a sticky here in the General discussion forum you may want to add these guys to it, Great place to find the good and bad people and company's we all deal with.. Hope this will turn out good in some way for you..

What really sucks is this is just one of several threads I've seen here on FBBO and other sites over the years about Texas Toy Box and their cobbled junk they sell. Obviously they're still at it. A lot of these guys buying these so called "turn Key" cars from them are past the age/health or don't have the skills to bring them back themselves. So, they Kamikaze their IRA's and their families life work savings to re-live a piece of their youth and end up with a train wreck nightmare that will cost just as much if not more as what they bought it for to make it right again. Honest to god, those guys at TTB are Parasites... I'd like to drive down to Texas and sock those dudes in the mouth.

Sorry to hear they got you as well...........

Yep, HLPAG is a dodgy outfit to put it mildly....watched them move cars once with a bobcat. Nothing but lipsticked pigs there.

Why don't we complete the circle and mention HLPAG.

7-8 years ago when i was just getting back into this world of classic's i had TTBOX on my radar due to their advertiseing, very slick. probably was "luck of the irish" i didn't bite.

A friend bought a 69 charger from TTBox and they took very carefully aimed pics to hide the problems. The driver's door front post was so badly rusted that it was a miracle the door hadn't fallen off when opened, the dutchman panel was gone and full of mud, virtually every part of the car was in need of work, including the firewall. Bad, bad deal.

The car was probably worse than JB666's nightmare General Lee build from a couple of years ago.

My Email to Texas Toy Box

I meet a Mopar driver though a car show 7 years ago that became a very good friend and before I meet him he bought his car from Texas Toy Box...68RR..He saved up over 12 years for his car spent approx $22,000+ seven years ago....He lived near a railroad and drove over those tracks every time he had to leave his house..After 3 to 4 months cracks started to show up in his car...It was a Bondo car...Within a year his car looked like it had a Map drawn on it...Cracks every where....TTB has slapped Bondo all over and painted it...Paint can hide a multitude of Sin.. He was so depressed he became with drawn , marrage fell apart spending so much to buy and now lot's more to fix and he became a hermit...I have not heard from him in years now..This car purchase really screw up his life... I honestly did not think the RR was worth saving it was that bad..So after seeing this thread I sent off a email to the boys a TTB in honor of my friend George...I will also cut and paste the reply I got back from TTB....If any offensive words offend you STOP reading this now...I dio not want any PM's or posts because this offended you.... TTB deserves alot worse than my Smart *** emails...

1ST EMAIL I SENT:
I WAS LOOKING AT YOUR SITE WITH GREAT INTREST THEN I GOOGLE YOU AND SAW POSTINGS IN B-BODIES ONLY FORUM..AND CHARGER FORUMS AND CORONET FORUMS..ANY FORUM THAT HAD TO DO WITH MOPARS...WOW, DO YOU HAVE THE WORST FEEDBACK I HAVE EVER SEEN...SHOULD BE CALLED TEXAS "****" BOX FOR THE **** I READ YOU GUYS SELL....NOT JUST A FEW NEGATIVE COMMENTS BUT TONS OF THEM....YOU GOING TO PISS OFF THE WRONG CUSTOMER SOME DAY IN BE BURIED IN THE TRUNK OF ONE OF THOSE BONDO SLEDS YOU SELL...THERE IS A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE....OR BEND OVER...IS THAT YOUR MOTTO ABOVE YOUR WORK DOORS...YOU GIVE MOPAR A BAD NAME...RICK..

Reply from Ray at Texas Toy Box
thank you for your feed back, but i am afraid that you have drawn a conclusion on a subject and have only heard one side....we have sold thousands of cars all over the world and yes,we cannot make everybody happy....everybody wants a perfectly restored car, but they do not want to pay the price for one....the fellows that pay over 20k for a car are always happy...the fellows that pay over 40k for a car are extremely happy, but the fellows that pay 10k for a car are never happy, because they wanted a 40k car for their 10k....well, this ain't a gonna happen....so all they do is bitch and write up shitty little comments and get ignorant people like you, to believe their one side....it seems that if you had just half of a brain you would understand this.....now go someplace where it is nice and quiet and **** YOURSELF....again, thanks for your comment....ray

My email in reply to Rays
Yo, Ray you Daddy's little Asshole..The truth hurts Huh? You have way too many customers complaining to be just a few buyers that where not happy.. Must be in the 100's...I am sure those suckers overseas that bought your cars where just too far away to do much once they saw that Rusted out Bondo filled piece of **** you sold them? I HAVE SEEN THE CARS OR BONDO JUNKERS YOU SELL IN PERSON AND THEY PAID OVER 20K...You have shown your true colors...Yellow...As soon as your Mom gets out from under my desk .I will try your suggestion. Damn she is sure UGLY but, can use those lips...Next time you kiss her you will taste me ....Ugly is being nice, she looks like she lost a fight with a old rusty shovel..Again..Your Dad wanted in on the action under the desk but I told him that **** is not for me..I hear you Daddy calls you a master mechnic...I heard your a Masterbater..Ray what comes around goes around and your day will come trust me your day with come...And speaking of come your Mom is out from under my desk...Damn, where is brown bag when you need one....
SOON EVERY ONE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT THE....
TEXAS "**** " BOX
.:icon_fU: :thefinger::icon_fU: ...........HHHHAAAAA

In a message dated 7/28/2012 5:35:38 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

I warned somebody about this buisness last year on here. Bad thing is once someone gets their mind set on a Charger or Bee rationality goes out the window for some.They fall in love with the dream and awaken to the nightmare too late.

That sucks, I hate to hear this kind of thing....but it seems to happen quite often.

A few years ago, I was interested in a 69 Roadrunner located in Calif. Being half way across the country I had way to see it for myself. I did some research via google, found the dealer was not too popular with many buyers, hell, one guy even made his own website dedicated to bringing awareness to other potential victims.
When I asked via email about the site and its "testimonials" the owners kid gave the same type of BS reply that was shown above. They said they had a "preferred" group of local shops and inspectors that they worked with, if I'd like to hire an inspector--another red flag.
When asked about the selling price being high compared to other cars in like condition, but theirs with a non # matching motor and fewer options..the owners kid said he'd ask dad about the price. Dad emails me and says maybe I should buy one of thrs then, instead of his.
Which I did!!!

So, thanks "dad" for the great advise!

The moral here is keep your guard up, trust nobody at face value, do your research and don't be afraid to walk ( or RUN) away if a deal or dealer smells like a ripoff.

Again, sorry to hear your story. Thanks for sharing. Hope it works out for you in the end.

I just looked at their website, first of all, how you convey your message is just as important as your message. I could not find a physical address for them, just their phone number, up in or around Austin somewhere, this screams red flag. The site seems as deep as a puddle, no reason at all to stick around and read/explore, but, from how the guy replied I am surprised he was able to get this site of his stood up, as I said, not impressive in the least bit. But, if he ever needs a car blasted, I'll charge him what I charge everyone else, but, my level of work seems to exceed theirs. What did PT Barnum say about a sucker born every minute? Seems he was right, as people keep buying from these guys, oh well! Be wise.

Hennessey? do tell please.

x2!!!

inquiring minds want to know, Cranky!!!

X3 !!! as the other 2 guys asked why Hennessey, Cranky ??
John Hennessey has the same sort of reputation as TTBox but with working on people's Vipers and if you do some searching around the net on his name, several sites will show up. Several years ago, the local (to him) Dodge dealership put him on a 'cash only' payment plan because he was into them for thousands. Here's just one site complaining about him. http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f58/wow-john-hennessey-crook-yeah-viper-guy-34744/
It's an older posting but his rep hasn't changed and as for post #7 about him taking his machine work to Pasadena....I don't know about that but kinda wonder why someone would take the stuff across town when there are better shops on his side of town. I live in Pasadena and have been in the so called better machine shop here many times over the years and have never seen any Viper engines in there. The other so called top shop here closed down after the owner finally ate himself to death and his druggie machinist got killed in a car crash right after and the talk is that the crash was drug related. And the only shop I trusted to do my machine work in Pasadena closed after the owner died of natural causes several years ago and his son didn't want to carry on with it so I now carry my junk 60 miles one way to Diamondback Engines (Diamondback opened after they closed). Hennessey has had a long running love/hate relationship that parallels no one in the Houston area that I know of. The Dodge dealership that did business with him has since changed hands and the people that I knew there all moved on so I don't know who he gets his factory parts from anymore. Since there doesn't seem to be anything bad being said on the net lately, maybe he has changed his stripes but I haven't heard anything like that from the locals here.

Cranky, I had no idea Jon Hennessey's shop was that bad in reputation before... Interesting read, maybe he cleaned up his shop/act or got rid of the troubled employees that were giving him a bad reputation... Who knows what really happened ??... I don't really know, either way, but I have a friend with a Viper GT 2007, he had a 1000 hp upgraded twin turbo package installed, by them, he loves it, I've seen the work it is very nice, very professional... I don't know what he paid, he had a performance contract date time & actual out-put & got the car back on time & dyno-ed to prove the actual #'s, he was there, at the dyno testing session... I personally would have done it myself, my friend has that talent too, he just spent the boat load of cash instead, oh well, but I'm that kind of person, I don't & "won't trust too many people, ever", especially when it come to high dollar stuff/work on my cars...

Auto Transport Service
Back