• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The car that ran on water

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:50 AM
Reaction score
Interesting Story.
tumblr_onwrw11wT81vxkr5bo1_1280.jpg

The car that ran on water

Any truly functional alternative to fossil fuel is going to be squashed by the oil barons.....king of hill will do anything he can to remain such.....so all we get are weak assed hybrid excuses with batteries that pollute in mfg & disposal. All the Tesla technology & we get nuclear **** shoved down our throats.

Wow sadly this video looks very old what happened? I would try this on a beater

You guys realize Meyer was (mostly) full of crap, right? he was using conventional electrolysis and fuel cells which even back then we all had access too.

Sure, fuel cells can be more efficient than fossils fuels. However, his claims of running solely on water were crap. He needed electricity to split that water, and much more energy than recombining it yields. So, it may have taken 20 gallons to get from here to there, but he forgot to tell you about the massive battery or solar panel or gas powered generator behind the curtain.

I wonder if this is one of those kooky conspiracy type stories where it is so outlandish, only paranoid freaks really believe it.
I recall sometime in the mid 70s my Dad talking about some guy that invented a 100 mpg carburetor.
My Dad liked to drink beer.

Here's his idea... in toy form. Notice the big ol solar panel needed to split the water into hydrogen gas and oxygen gas. They're then sent to the rectangular little fuel cell and recombined into water, YIELDING electricity, which is then used to drive the wheeels. It's pretty neat, really.

Problem is energy is wasted during the process, so ya might as well use the solar panel to just move the wheels, huh? More efficient that way.

IMG_4704.JPG

Last edited:
I wonder if this is one of those kooky conspiracy type stories where it is so outlandish, only paranoid freaks really believe it.
I recall sometime in the mid 70s my Dad talking about some guy that invented a 100 mpg carburetor.

Yep, beer, paranoia and a healthy disregard for the laws of physics.

if its on the internet :rolleyes: there will be a group who will swear its fact :soapbox: ..seems to have gotten worse lately

Last edited:

I like beer...

Actually it was a 125 mpg carb.

What is wrong with spelling things right? I'm not some college guy here....JUST a product of public schools with a High School diploma.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories in general, although there have been some doozies over the years that turned out to be true.
I remember when this man hit the news back then. My reaction then, as it is now, is "if what he was saying is true - then why isn't anyone else doing it?"
Billions of people on the planet, many of them pretty darn smart, science is light years advanced from what it was then - so why hasn't anyone taken this theory and run with it?
Because it's all some grand conspiracy committed by the oil industry?

Naw - it's because it doesn't work.

The bottom line is this - Meyer's patents expired close to 30 years ago, so anyone could build his system and make a fortune off it, yet nobody has. That tells you everything you need to know.

Most credible one was Smokey's Hot Vapor engine. This guy took a fiero 4 cylinder and made 250 horsepower by running super lean with hot air induction. Very interesting to read about, search for smokey yunick's hot vapor engine.

The bottom line is this - Meyer's patents expired close to 30 years ago, so anyone could build his system and make a fortune off it, yet nobody has. That tells you everything you need to know.
Exactly.

Reminds me of that mysterious miracle 80 mpg carburetor from the late 70's.

Auto Transport Service
Back