• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The game is afoot"

Builderguy

Builderguy
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Those of you that know me, or at least read some of my posts, know that I am in search of a Superbird that I can restore, and not go broke buying it. I restored a '73 Roadrunner to sell and gain some coin toward that goal. I also had two more '73 RR's and a '72 Challenger that I planned to do the same thing with. Then life took a turn and retirement looked better and better, so both the wife and I retired the same month. Sold the house and took to traveling the United States and see some of what this GREAT country has to offer. Truck, trailer, lots of miles, and lots of photos. Had a blast doing that but did not see the kids too often. Yeah, they would visit when they could catch up to us but it was not the same as driving an hour and having dinner with them. We are in a better place now (great house, great pole barn, great area, and close to the kids) but I pretty much gave up on the Superbird quest. That is, UNTIL yesterday!!!!!

A while back a friend told me about a white Superbird that he had seen parked in a field behind a barn back in the early '80's. Week after week he saw that car until one day (late 80's) it was gone. He did not know where it went so he forgot about it. Then in the early 2000's he was traveling along and caught a glimpse of a "wing". A white wing, to be exact, in a garage not too far from where that white bird sat behind the barn. He hit the brakes and backed up. Sure enough, it was a back end of a white Superbird, maybe the same one that had been in the field. He had no interest in it and again forgot about it until he found out I had been looking for one. He took me for a ride and showed me the house that he had seen the Bird at. Just my luck the garage door was closed and I was beginning to wonder if my friend was a little full of it! Since then I have probably made a couple dozen trips past that house and the garage door has always been closed. Thought about just walking up and asking about the car, but decided against that. I would have to work out some other way to meet the owner of the car (if it even existed) on more neutral terms. Time to let fate work it's magic.

Back to YESTERDAY!! The wife and I were out and about and took the long way home from a visit to my sister's. For the heck of it I chose the route that would take me past that never seen Superbird. As luck would have it the garage door was open and my wife let out a little gasp! There it was, a white Superbird, parked in the garage just as my friend said it would be. I know nothing about this car but I now have a new mission to find out all about it, "The game if afoot".

1720822972195.png

Good luck with that

they probably know what it's actually worth, by now
or it's be in that field still
or they're the I'm going to restore it some day, but seemingly they never will...

again not trying to be a Debbie downer,
been there too many times

Best of luck with the quest

You better have a shitload of cash in hand
or don't even bother

Auto Transport Service
Back