• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The long road and what I've learned

How much did that education cost ya?? How much was the last purchase of a "done" car??
I see many guys chippin away at their projects as time & money allow.In the end they have spent more than buying a "done" one,but few have the coin to just buy one finished. And buying one nowadaze is insane thanks to Barret-Jackson and the other clones,,,,or is it clowns:)

That is the truth. Most of cannot afford a complete one right now without getting a loan. And you still never know what you are getting. Buying one to rebuild is rewarding and costs can be spread out over time. But, some enthusiasts are just interested in driving or showing their car so completed cars are perfect for them. Others enjoy the rebuilding process as much as driving it, like me.

Glad you are getting to that final hurdle Steve. Alot of projects never get completed. Once you get behind the wheel for the first drive you will need a crowbar to remove the smile from your face. :)

Some of us don't have the knowledge, skill level, or facilities to restore/build a car for years. I've owned 3 70 Satty droptops ( 1 my current ride) and a 70 Roadrunner. All 3 Satty's were in driver condition when I bought them and the RR was a rotisserie restoration. I found I was more worried about driving the RR and getting scratches, dings or worse. So when I found my current Satty, I jumped on it and sold the RR. It's about 98% complete, but the stuff it needs is relatively minor and I do have the skill level to do routine maintenance and minor upgrades myself ( doing front disc conversion over the winter). I am fascinated by non-professional car guys who do complete rebuilds and give them a lot of credit. Of course, guys have different motivations also. Some do it for a profit, some do it for ego, some do it out of love (not just the car).

Auto Transport Service
Back