• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

1706580411610.png

Mine is that my Mom washed my cloth diapers in a pail of water...1950's....and put them through a hand cranked wringer before hanging them on a clothesline in the back yard,..
I used to help my great-aunt do her laundry when I was a youngster. She had a rectangular twin concrete tub indoors with a mangle (hand-cranked wringer) and the clothes were soaked in washing powder, then rinsed twice. The mangle became a novelty for a while.

My grandmother had an electric washer wish the top-mounted wringer that fed clothes into the tub. I used to help her also. That was a lot easier. My grandfather rigged up a floor drain for sending the dirty water out to the vegetable garden......they had great veges. Doing chores like that for elderly relatives who looked after us didn't seem like work at the time.
Oh, how times have changed.

Auto Transport Service
Back