• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Meme not a Meme Thread Part DEUX

BE4BA588-BBAB-4868-BEC8-94227AC1E6AD.jpeg

The food industry is only a part of it. Our lazy-*** culture and everything-at-our-fingertips is just as much to blame. Remember when you had to actually get up off the couch to change channels on the TV? Or press buttons to dial a phone (or even worse, dial the rotating ring)? Or actually DRIVE to get to a drive-thru? Now there are many services to deliver right to our door. Not to mention the whole woke culture pushing "obesity is beautiful" on us. I could write more but probably get in trouble. :lol:

The food industry is only a part of it. Our lazy-*** culture and everything-at-our-fingertips is just as much to blame. Remember when you had to actually get up off the couch to change channels on the TV? Or press buttons to dial a phone (or even worse, dial the rotating ring)? Or actually DRIVE to get to a drive-thru? Now there are many services to deliver right to our door. Not to mention the whole woke culture pushing "obesity is beautiful" on us. I could write more but probably get in trouble. :lol:
I agree.

People look at me like I have 3 heads when I say I either row 1,000 meters on the rowing machine, or cycle 10 miles a day, for cardio and health. I only use power tools if time is a factor. I'd push-mow my 4 acres...but by the time I finished I'd have to start again...but I DO use a walk-behind snowblower on my 1/4 mile driveway instead of putting a plow on either my cummins or my Wrangler, and I DO push-mow the half-acre fenced in back yard...for exercise. I trim trees by hand and only use the chainsaw on stuff 4" or larger. Run new drain pipes for the sump, or the downspouts? Pick and shovel and sweat. Garage air is for the motorcycle lift...and air in tires. Very rarely do I use an air ratchet or impact - mainly space-constraints make me use the air ratchet, like bellhousing bolts. I DO use a 20v screw gun when I'm doing renovations...but that's a time thing.

As for food - crap food is cheap, good food is $$$. It's a debate (now more than ever) what to by at the store - budget versus health. I try and err on the side of health as much as I can...but it hurts the wallet!

We have become a lazy-***, overweight, out-of-shape, species. Not culture...species. And, it's very sad.

I agree.

People look at me like I have 3 heads when I say I either row 1,000 meters on the rowing machine, or cycle 10 miles a day, for cardio and health. I only use power tools if time is a factor. I'd push-mow my 4 acres...but by the time I finished I'd have to start again...but I DO use a walk-behind snowblower on my 1/4 mile driveway instead of putting a plow on either my cummins or my Wrangler, and I DO push-mow the half-acre fenced in back yard...for exercise. I trim trees by hand and only use the chainsaw on stuff 4" or larger. Run new drain pipes for the sump, or the downspouts? Pick and shovel and sweat. Garage air is for the motorcycle lift...and air in tires. Very rarely do I use an air ratchet or impact - mainly space-constraints make me use the air ratchet, like bellhousing bolts. I DO use a 20v screw gun when I'm doing renovations...but that's a time thing.

As for food - crap food is cheap, good food is $$$. It's a debate (now more than ever) what to by at the store - budget versus health. I try and err on the side of health as much as I can...but it hurts the wallet!

We have become a lazy-***, overweight, out-of-shape, species. Not culture...species. And, it's very sad.
I hear the comment sometimes (It’s too hot to cook) order in. From someone who has a nice air conditioned house.

People look at me like I have 3 heads when I say I either row 1,000 meters on the rowing machine, or cycle 10 miles a day, for cardio and health.
I still say "miles per gallon" ....and not "washing machines per marathon"

I just can't get my head around so many litres per 100km...which is what most car manufacturers advertise their cars at nowadays.

Auto Transport Service
Back