• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thermostat window.

Tony Tee

Local time
7:15 AM
Reaction score
20240516_183655.jpg
20240516_183342.jpg
built this thermostat view port today. Not sure if the plastic will hold up under the heat. But it's 1" thick and the thermostat can be mounted above or below. Not sure which will be better for viewing. Yes i was bored. Anyone think its a waste of time ? And do you think it will work ?
20240516_183227.jpg

What's the difference in the expansion coefficients between the dissimilar materials?
My guess is that's where the issue would lie, if anywhere.

It’s a cool device and likely acrylic. Eventually it was haze/crack. Not bad for diagnosis though

View attachment 1664080View attachment 1664081built this thermostat view port today. Not sure if the plastic will hold up under the heat. But it's 1" thick and the thermostat can be mounted above or below. Not sure which will be better for viewing. Yes i was bored. Anyone think its a waste of time ? And do you think it will work ?View attachment 1664082
WHY????? It serves no useful purpose.....going to the link.....the company is out of business. IF your coolant is dirty, change it. Just like the clear distributor cap...just something to show your buddies on cruise nites.
BOB RENTON

WHY????? It serves no useful purpose.....going to the link.....the company is out of business. IF your coolant is dirty, change it. Just like the clear distributor cap...just something to show your buddies on cruise nites.
BOB RENTON
Why you ask? Why not? As I said in my initial post. Out of boredom. And some of us like to tinker. And the plastic was easy to machine and flame polish. = fun!

Why you ask? Why not? As I said in my initial post. Out of boredom. And some of us like to tinker. And the plastic was easy to machine and flame polish. = fun!
Perhaps ALMOST as fun as picking one's nose......but not as much fun as sex......??? Just a thought.....
BOB RENTON

$119 no thanks not that bored. Do as you please, I'll stick with a pot of boiling water it's clear.

Spend your time however you like, no need for approval. I think it's cool. Why not.

Great job. If you enjoyed making it then it was not time wasted.

Auto Transport Service
Back