• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This forum grows, the other forum slows....

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
I have noticed over the years that THIS forum seems to gain members almost every day while many other forums lose traffic as members quit coming around.
There is surely several reasons for this.
ONE that I know of is the following:
Now, don't take this as a brown nosing of anyone, just a statement of what I have noticed....
Moderation. Yes, I wrote that. The Moderators here are not heavy handed, egotistical assclowns like I have seen on other forums.
In some small way, a forum can succeed because of a mindset similar to a successful society. If the people don't feel oppressed and spied upon, they will produce and everyone benefits from it. When you feel like your every move is under a microscope, you don't feel free.
Two forums that I used to be a member of had KGB level moderators that played favorites, meddled far too much, banned good members without warning and showed no appreciation for the members that were helpful and added value to the forum.
THIS forum isn't like that.
I'm no angel. I've been spanked for stepping outside the lines but members are rarely permanently banned here.
You can post questions here and get help rather quickly.
Parts get listed for sale frequently and the cost to post an ad is NOTHING.
For $50 a year, you get access to other site features including some funny/risque stuff and nekkid wimmin! Of course you also get other perks...Look into becoming a GOLD member for all the details.
The picture posting program works well here and is easy to do.
There are very few rude or mean members here.
I have made friends with numerous people here whereas I rarely met or had any outside contact with guys from the other forums that I've been on.
Why is that? (Go ahead and take a guess)
One site I was on USED to be the 800 lb gorilla of the Mopar sites. They dominated the internet having been around in one form or another since the 90s. THings have turned bad for that site though. They continue to lose traffic and the site has been limping along for years. You can scroll through the days new posts within an hour or less. Some sub forums there go weeks between postings.
They have a couple entrenched Moderators (That don't even own classic cars anymore) that have banned people for the smallest of issues that are often not even listed in the rules. Doing so does not inspire camaraderie among the members or a happy environment when they think that THEY are next on the list. I get thoughts of Russian KGB where everyone is paranoid and only looking out for themselves.
That isn't the case here.
I welcome the new members that have jumped on board. You will like it here.

Muff ler.jpg

Last edited:
I have noticed a few of the assclowns from elsewhere migrating over here...

Hopefully they leave their baggage elsewhere...

I have noticed a few of the assclowns from elsewhere migrating over here...

Hopefully they leave their baggage elsewhere...
Well, there is the IGNORE feature....
It saves me from going off the rails too often.

Mods here are great.

:drinks:

Knowledge base is a pretty good draw, too, as is the variety of cars represented.

I've tried a few, but this is the only one worth it. Mods are excellent on this site. And, we have the ubiquitous Richard Cranium, of which I glean the latest news.

We used to have a member here that has since moved on.
Darius had a nice 1970 GTX that had a 2007 Charger drivetrain in it. He used to post a lot but has faded out of view since he sold his car. He was the guy that really encouraged me to come to this site. I first joined here in 2012 under the screen name “Gregory C” but changed it to Kern Dog to match my name on all the other forums I’m on. It took me getting banned at Mo***ts (for a simple and silly misunderstanding) before I started posting regularly.
The like thanks agree icons feed my fragile “middle child” ego so that is a good thing too…,

7EFB395A-5D88-4410-BB7B-508B9100B5C0.jpeg

I love the posting of memes here… I get several laughs a day from those threads.

The like thanks agree icons feed my fragile “middle child” ego so that is a good thing too…,
Your score here is pretty small isn't it???? I haven't checked lately. :rofl:

Too true on the Gorilla. Less and less there and more people signing up here. LOVE IT!

We used to have a member here that has since moved on.
Darius had a nice 1970 GTX that had a 2007 Charger drivetrain in it. He used to post a lot but has faded out of view since he sold his car. He was the guy that really encouraged me to come to this site. I first joined here in 2012 under the screen name “Gregory C” but changed it to Kern Dog to match my name on all the other forums I’m on. It took me getting banned at Mo***ts (for a simple and silly misunderstanding) before I started posting regularly.

View attachment 1691461

I love the posting of memes here… I get several laughs a day from those threads.
So true on that MO***ts site as I still have access to it but rarely if ever log in. Tom who ran it was nothing but a complete you know what. Darius and I were both in the AF at Travis AFB as Crewmembers and all so I knew of him before I met him in person at the Sacto shows. Great guy and a knowledgeable one at that. But he left as you said and at times I miss his inputs. Me? I did sell my 66 Ply Sat and no longer have a ride nor will I be getting another. But I can still offer up conversation and input so I am sticking around. I have been noticing that the other Forum/Political has been slowing down a tad...other than RC's offerings...:lol::lol::lol:and has been rather dossel lately. Maybe just the burn out of all the crap these days has burned us out a bit...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I know not of what you speak.....Gorilla's? KGB? Lets Go Brandon?

Pretty much the only social media I do, FBBO

once in a blue moon comment on one of a couple of Joey's other sites
FTO & RR forum, haven't posted on either in a while
they are slow compared to here

I was on MMM (Mopar Muscle Mag. forum) for a while before it shut down
several of theirs prior, bought out by MotorTrend Mag,
turned to HotRod mag. **** retentive crowd
It had good members & mods, prior to the change, came here
stayed, found a home...

been years since I was at the Charger 'Graveyard' .com
way to heavy handed mods, some weird people posting too
met @Richard Cranium over there,
got him to come over/join here, so wasn't a complete waste

or go to MoFarts, to even look only in a link usually

Mods here FBBO are good people, that communicate well
with US 'pissants'

Last edited:
At first, I wasn't sure that this forum was right for me. The fact that it focused primarily on B bodies was what concerned me. I've had FAR more A body cars than Bs. I've had far more Dodge trucks too. I currently have 5 A bodies out back but I don't post at FABO that much.
Each forum online has a sort of unique feel to it. Some are more laid back, others are faster paced and have members with quick wit and sarcasm. I've found that this forum is a better fit overall.
I do like a forum with a specific target to it. I have enjoyed my times at DodgeCharger.com but holeeee cow, that site has slowed waaaaay down. I can't blame the staff or the owner for it. I'm actually not sure why the site has so little traffic. The Charger is a great car and many people like them. Maybe their lack of affordability has thinned out the buyers to the point that very few budget conscious guys like us can afford to restore them? I still try to stoke the fires there though....

I'm not much of a teacher when it comes to all things MOPAR, but I have loved Mopars since I was a kid, learned what I could and can about these cars, and sometimes I am able to give some advise(mostly 3rd gens). Most of all I have learned a hell-of-lot from many members here. Want to thank all of you folks and the Mods.:thumbsup::drinks:

I tread lightly here with my comments because I don’t want to come across as either a cheerleader nor a harsh critic of the staff.
Theirs is a thankless job. Most of us know that.
Whether they know it or not, the success of the forum is partly due to them but maybe in a different way than some people think.
Now this is my opinion but it does seem legitimate to me… by being reasonable and tolerant, the staff allows the forum to flourish. When the tone gets out of hand, they step up to reign in the offenders. This approach helps because a cutthroat environment only appeals to sadists and bullies. The kind hearted people will go away and stay away if it is totally unmoderated. In short, it seems to me that when the moderators of other sites micromanage everything, it sure isn’t much fun. They don’t do that here and I’d bet that is one reason this site thrives.
Thanks guys.

I have noticed over the years that THIS forum seems to gain members almost every day while many other forums lose traffic as members quit coming around.
There is surely several reasons for this.
ONE that I know of is the following:
Now, don't take this as a brown nosing of anyone, just a statement of what I have noticed....
Moderation. Yes, I wrote that. The Moderators here are not heavy handed, egotistical assclowns like I have seen on other forums.
*** Kisser Red Wine 2009 front.JPG*** kiser.jpg

A great group of guys and a few narcissists!

Can't even access my own threads on DC. Com.
2480ib.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back