• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tic Toc Tac - Rebuild Repop, Go Original, or Go Dakota Digital

dfrazz

Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
1968 Charger with a repop tic-toc-tac installed by PO that looks great, but only the clock works. I verified all connections and even had a reputable shop verify the wiring is hooked up correctly. My dilemma is do I pull this repop and send it to instrument specialties to have them fix it, or try to find an original that works or even send that to instrument specialties too, or go all out and install a set of gauges from Dakota Digital? What has been your experience with repop's vs original's onced fixed? I've heard repop's just break again within a short time period. Anyone have good or bad experience with Dakota Digital? I know this is the most expensive choice but they do look nice. Still, I like the original look and all of my other gauges are working fine.

IMG_4993.jpeg

Haven't had any problems with an OER unit for about 2 years.

1968 Charger with a repop tic-toc-tac installed by PO that looks great, but only the clock works. I verified all connections and even had a reputable shop verify the wiring is hooked up correctly. My dilemma is do I pull this repop and send it to instrument specialties to have them fix it, or try to find an original that works or even send that to instrument specialties too, or go all out and install a set of gauges from Dakota Digital? What has been your experience with repop's vs original's onced fixed? I've heard repop's just break again within a short time period. Anyone have good or bad experience with Dakota Digital? I know this is the most expensive choice but they do look nice. Still, I like the original look and all of my other gauges are working fine.

View attachment 1710777
What ignition system are you running. Most of these tachometers will not operate unless an interface/driver module is installed.

What ignition system are you running. Most of these tachometers will not operate unless an interface/driver module is installed.
I have Mopar electronic ignition, no MSD.

Auto Transport Service
Back