• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tilt front ends

desotodude

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
I am getting ready to build a tilt front end on my car. Before getting started, I have looked over the net for others that have built theirs and hoe they did it. This is one location I haven't and was wondering if anyone has done this to their car? I need to slide my forward five to six inches and then tilt forward with a slight up movement. I am taking the front bumper and adding turn signals to the bumperettes.
Yes it is not a B body, actually a 1940 Desoto, but it is a Mopar! Dropping a 56 331cu in the front and need to tilt it so I can do maintenance on it. Anyone had designs or ideas?

You need to hook up with a custom fabricator.That's a tall order and will be costly!! When you get a price you will most likely reassess your wants,,,,,

You will probably need some passive hydraulic assists, as the lifting requirements will be heavy. I will be doing it on my 37 Ford. There are some examples on the net. (You will need some welding done). I like to go to car runs/shows to see what others have done.
Good luck. H

ed142faf02741ae93772f267423fc470.jpg

Sorry I thought you said Tits and front ends

The guy who works on my car did it to a 56 Ford and my understanding is that it was a tall order and a long and painful process to get the pivot and geometry right. If you're up for a serious challenge keep pressing on but I echo what others have said here its a big task

Did it on my 50 Plymouth. Made a bracket that slid forward with the assist of hood struts then the electric rams took over. Worked mint!!

I would think about doing a search on other sites such as Moparts.com or the H.A.M.B.

Auto Transport Service
Back