• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire size question

fireguyfire

Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
So I am tire shopping for my 69 charger that I am restoring. I am keeping the car stone stock and I am about to restore its magnum 500 rims.
In keeping with the original slash stock theme I am looking at putting white line tires back on the car, which is what it had from the factory.
I’m looking at buying some through summit, but want to confirm they will fit the factory 14” magnum rims, and will be close to stock sizing.

I ran the factory tire size through a converter and it says modern equivalent would be 215 70 r14 tires.
The closest I can find in white lines are 205 75 r14.
Will these fit the factory rims? I’m thinking they should but obviously don’t know a lot about tire sizing.

Less than. 1/2" smaller than stock, will work fine on stock wheels, but stock looked small to me, those would look even smaller. Can you find 225s or 235s?That would be my choice.

Tallest radial Whitewalls tires that are not wide whitewalls are 215/75R14

Last edited:
So I am tire shopping for my 69 charger that I am restoring. I am keeping the car stone stock and I am about to restore its magnum 500 rims.
In keeping with the original slash stock theme I am looking at putting white line tires back on the car, which is what it had from the factory.
I’m looking at buying some through summit, but want to confirm they will fit the factory 14” magnum rims, and will be close to stock sizing.

I ran the factory tire size through a converter and it says modern equivalent would be 215 70 r14 tires.
The closest I can find in white lines are 205 75 r14.
Will these fit the factory rims? I’m thinking they should but obviously don’t know a lot about tire sizing.
Some of the 68 cars came out with red line tires on them , my 68 fastback did ...

Hello,

Spent a good Biot of time a couple of years ago looking for NON CHINESE whitewalls and was exasperated by the lack of affordable options. Yes, Coker is definitely out there price wise. I was able to find some Uniroyal Tiger Paw AWS tires, though I did have to go down a size to a 215. I do think they have been discontinued though. I had gotten mine from Priority Tire at the time. Might want to give that a go.

MK

If you are really trying to be"stone stock", why would you not put bias ply restoration tires like from Coker Tire?
I don't see the purpose in putting little skinny modern radials on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back