• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Tis the season....what are your upcoming winter projects?

Triplegreen500

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:24 AM
Reaction score
Time's coming (at least here in the salt-and-brine-addicted northeast) to park the ol' classics for the winter and start fixin' stuff we didn't want to sideline them with during the "fun" season. We still have some great driving weather (and scenery when the leaves start to change)...but since parts take forEVer lately, we might as well start planning!

My Charger has a massive power steering leak that I need to troubleshoot. I'm hoping "hose", but Murphy's Law and all.... I've also been considering pulling the HVAC box out of the dash (factory a/c car) and at the very least getting the heat working again - it was a Florida car, heater core was bypassed when I got it because...Florida...and I don't know if there's leaks, missing pieces, or what. While I'm in there I may as well replace all the a/c components and rebuild the control head. I've been putting it off because I really don't want to get into pulling out the dash...but it bugs me when stuff doesn't work, so.... And, I need to find someone who can turn brake drums because I have a serious pulsing from the front end under moderate braking (manual 4 wheel drum car).

I also need to replace the vacuum pump on my '01 Cummins Ram. I rebuilt it with new seals last winter but it still pisses oil (not as much, but still leaking) so I think there may be a problem with the casting somewhere that I missed on the rebuild. And I should find someone who can install my new cab corners and rockers, since one thing I never learned how to do is weld.

My '91 Daytona could use a clutch (seriously high pedal engagement). My '90 turbo Voyager needs a trans rebuild (my fault for running 25psi boost instead of the stock 7psi). And I need to find a way to add cruise control to my '06 Wrangler - something about the seat and pedal angle absolutely KILLS my right foot, ankle, and calf (well, that and the fact that my foot is attached to my knee with a metal rod instead of bones) after about an hour or so - and of course the Mopar accessory kit is NS1 since 2010.

And that's not counting motorcycles. Or home projects. Or my rental duplex renovations/rehab. Or the fact that Michelle wants her OWN Wrangler, which I'm sure will arrive needing...something. If she ever picks one, that is.

So, what's on your list?

Getting the storage Building we're building at the cabin in the mountains weather tight before winter wet weather sets in and continue work on the Challenger. Maybe replace the flooring upstairs in our house.
Terry W.

Going to pull the 727 , front seal leak started this summer.
That opens a new worm can , lol
Now I find myself looking at converters.

Also like triple green I have a minor power steering sector leak to seal.

Same as the last 2 years.... i am literally down to fitting the front clip and i could be driving, will get to it....

de-turding the cuda
20240915_000940.jpg

My garage isn't heated and I live in northwestern Alberta, Canada, so I can't work in the garage during winter. I'll be doing some work indoors, prepping and dyeing my '70 Charger door panels from blue to black, to have them ready to put back in the car next spring.

My garage isn't heated and I live in northwestern Alberta, Canada, so I can't work in the garage during winter. I'll be doing some work indoors, prepping and dyeing my '70 Charger door panels from blue to black, to have them ready to put back in the car next spring.
Yeah, every year here i wish i had put a heater in my garage.. and then i don't.... gonna do it again this year...

Buying a new upright compressor for the garage, not a bunch of room
Cambell Hausfeld
30 gal. 2 stage 220/110vlt oiled, 5.5 cfm at 90psi continuous/175psi max
$800-ish delivered
(my old one died, a while back, but it had lasted 30 years, it was due
been using a jobsite 5 gal. pancake style, I don't want to kill it,
it's great portable compressor
)
& a new low profile 2 or 3 tone 24" raise Floor-jack, Sunex
& a cross beam spreader bar with adj pads, like 32" to 48" spread
both about $450-ish delivered

& probably buy a new Master Cylinder for 4 wheel disc brakes
one I have now doesn't support 4 wheel Disc,
& polished alum. MC with prop-valve & a new distribution valve $180+, Summit
& an adapter to go to the 2 bolt style offset MC, $50
SSBC rear drum to Disc conversion & e-brake, able to use with tappered bearings
another $700-ish easily

wish me luck

Last edited:
Probably a lot of stuff considering I just got it. I have a list of want to dos on my car intro thread. I think my first priority will be sorting out the ignition wiring mess and trying to determine whether the tach is broken or simply not wired right. From there hopefully restore the N96 cable, as the hole in the firewall is covered by the MSG ignition module. Then I would like to figure out an uninvasive way of bringing music to the car (the stock 8 track is dead). Maybe a wire into the counsel, MP3 player, and some sort of amplification system and speakers in the trunk? And then find the source of the dripping oil!

I open the door from my garage to the house in the winter
a couple hrs before I go out, so the attached 20'x20' garage isn't ice cold,
it's get to maybe 50*f when 20*-30*f outside
the house's air-handler is out inside my garage too
w/heater inside the house set at 70*f & door into the garage open

electricity is crazy $$ here, gotta' cope with a lil' cold in the winter
or just not work out in it
to heat the garage would be hundreds of $$s a month
plus a heater & all the install, I'm not doing that
maybe if or when I build my bigger 28' x 42' shop out back, I may...

makes it relatively bearable to work out there
as long as I'm not laying on the cold as concrete floor
a lil' cardboard & a sweatshirt helps sometimes, I'm used to it too
funny how you can get used to that crap

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back