• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Tis the season....what are your upcoming winter projects?

Drove to the fair tonight (fair food!!!), and remembered one other thing I need to figure out in the charger. Shifter finds park, reverse, neutral and drive just fine. Second...feels a little goofy but shifts it. Can't get it to notch down to first. (Console shift 904) Guess I'll start chasing linkages....

Get a reddy heater. They ROCK. 30k-50k BTU, propane or kero...awesome units.

View attachment 1728858
Been using one of those forever... i am thinking of mounting one of these before the cold shows up...
View attachment 1728976

Propane or Natural Gas might be okay but the kerosene would burn my eyes and give me headaches. Either way they burn up the oxygen in the area and you have too be careful when using flammables.

I've had this Modine for 30+ years. Even used it in a paint shop we once had. It does pull almost 30 amps (same as an electric clothes dryer) but oil or gas might work out the same for the cost to run it and theres no open flame. Warms up my 24'x26' on a 20* day.
20240920_231007.jpg

Same projects as the past eight winters.
:lol:

The Road Runner is going to New Jersey and the 74 should have the drive train done and be running by spring.

I should finally (FINALLY!) be getting to my own EFI conversion. I've done them for friends and helped out on some others but with work and family stuff the way it's been I've had no time or motivation for mine, but I want to get it done. It's gonna be fairly custom; not just a simple stick-a-Sniper-on-it deal so I've been procrastinating pulling the car down and getting started.... plus I'll be putting in the GVOD that's been sitting on the floor of the garage in the box for two years:p

Drove to the fair tonight (fair food!!!)

Yumm!
Ours is still a few weeks away but I always look foreward to the giant cinnamon rolls and pepper&sausage dogs. One of my brothers does wood carving as a hobby and likes to enter some of his stuff there, so that's another reason we go check it out.

Clean up a 68 dart rebuild front end, rear end, stock 318 rebuild just getter on the road, found the prior owners security device as well.
IMG_8484.jpeg
IMG_8486.jpeg

Probably a lot of stuff considering I just got it. I have a list of want to dos on my car intro thread. I think my first priority will be sorting out the ignition wiring mess and trying to determine whether the tach is broken or simply not wired right. From there hopefully restore the N96 cable, as the hole in the firewall is covered by the MSG ignition module. Then I would like to figure out an uninvasive way of bringing music to the car (the stock 8 track is dead). Maybe a wire into the counsel, MP3 player, and some sort of amplification system and speakers in the trunk? And then find the source of the dripping oil!

These guys in Blaine, Minnesota can repair or convert your stock radio.

Auto Electronics

When I sent my AM/8 Track to be "tuned up" I had an auxiliary jack added to it. It can connect to an iPod loaded with several days worth of music. It actually sounds pretty good with the 3 speaker dash.

20150714_220326.jpg

Last edited:
Hoping to get it primed and do body work and then primed again. Double carport and heater. My problem is I dont like the Bee outside.

20240917_185518.jpg

20240921_162529.jpg

Finish this transplant. Out with the commando 273, in with the 340. I’ll be dressing up the engine as a plain Jane 273 2bbl.

8CEAF8F6-0BA1-44C1-8AA6-465B68C03BEB.jpeg

05010729-98D7-4972-8BA6-AC355EE5CC8B.jpeg

9A130661-DC81-4B9E-A17C-00417EA1FA79.jpeg

Last edited:
These guys in Blaine, Minnesota can repair or convert your stock radio.

Auto Electronics

When I sent my AM/8 Track to be "tuned up" I had an auxiliary jack added to it. It can connect to an iPod loaded with several days worth of music. It actually sounds pretty good with the 3 speaker dash.

View attachment 1730784
Oh wow I used to live in Blaine.

I need to install my rear sway bar, have to reglue the legendary dash. Need to buy new tires. These are 7 years old and I think I have flat spots causing a little vibration. Going to box the trunk and fine tune a few other things. Need to work on my garage and finish the inside of it.

IMG_0117.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back