• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

torque converter

roadrunnerman

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
i just replaced the t/c on my 360/727 heavy duty tranny that was in my truck.the old one had about 6-8 teeth missing.can it be repaired by welding a new teeth ring on it or is it just an ornament now.

Guess if you were careful to get it in the proper position and straight it could be fixed

there is a company not to far from where i live that recycles t/c or rebuilds them not sure what they do.maybe i can give them a call and find out.

You have to see if a replacement "ring" is available first, if yes, then you could replace it. I have replaced ones that weren't welded on. Just heat them up with a torch and they fall off. Heat up the new one and drop it on. (Manual trans that is) T/C, probably not...

thanks for the replies,i might see if that company near me can do anything when i get back home.if they can i will let you guys know.

Auto Transport Service
Back