• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion bar advice

In my opinion, rapid dive can be slowed a bit by a better shock but more of the fault lies with the torsion bar itself.
Here is what I learned....
In 2014 I had 1.0 torsion bars and KYB shocks in my red car. I changed to 1.15" torsion bars and Bilstein shocks at the same time. The ride was actually better with the second combination.
Thanks for your reply. I may start with the shocks. Do you remember what shock you used?

In my opinion, rapid dive can be slowed a bit by a better shock but more of the fault lies with the torsion bar itself.
Here is what I learned....
In 2014 I had 1.0 torsion bars and KYB shocks in my red car. I changed to 1.15" torsion bars and Bilstein shocks at the same time. The ride was actually better with the second combination.

I don't have a part number for the Bilstein shocks. I called Firm Feel and ordered them from those guys. They are known as Bilstein RCD. (Race Car Dynamics)
Ok ..... found the RCD shocks. May go with them. Another thing is what if I went with a sway bar too ? The old road runner I'm doing now has a factory sway bar..... but it's been many moons since I drove that car.

20230725_153726 (1).jpg

I may not be the guy to ask since asking me about improving the handling is like asking a car salesman if you got a good deal on the car you bought.
You will always get a YES from me.
I'm a strong proponent of making these cars handle as good as they can. I'm not the drag racing type, I'm a guy that wants the old car to perform as well as a new car. I want power, I want good brakes and great handling.
For our cars, that means a stiffer chassis, bigger torsion bars and sway bars and good shocks.

Auto Transport Service
Back