• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Total Shaggin’ Wagon

Imperial One

Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Can’t stop looking at it. Would love to buy it but “she who must be obeyed” has vetoed it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-dodge-tradesman-200-4/

Screenshot 2021-11-28 at 20-39-00 No Reserve 1977 Dodge Tradesman B200.jpg

Cool Van ! I wish I would have opted for the Bigger V8, and 3spd Auto on mine, but the 1st Gas Crisis was LIVE, so 318, 3:23's, and 3 on the Tree. Still running Fine...
1002211500.jpg

No, 1 re-paint back in the early 90's. The Factory paint on the roof was very thin, and primer showing. Never seen a NY Winter, always stored. I was crossing the Continental Divide around '80, on the way home, and it saw some snow there. I'll have to try and find those Kodak's !

I've had two in my life and wish I still had them. Big fun!!

I remember when those were new at the dealership.

A high school buddy ordered a "Street Van" with a 440 A/C Cruise. Black of course.

I worked on a lot of those conversion vans back in the day. They always reeked of the Mary-Jo:fool:

Loved working on those with the dog house open and sitting in the seat. Wasn’t a van, but a class C motor home. Dad bought a ‘77 28’ Cruise Air motor home, Dodge 350 dually, 360/727. It didn’t go long before it started missing, and was one of our first foray in electronic ignitions. To test run, we’d drive with the doghouse off. I remember one spectacular backfire as dad floored it...flame shot up to the ceiling and you could feel the heat sitting in the seat! Eventually by observing the running engine you could see sparks jumping between the wires. It had less than 10k miles when this was going on. I think all the OEMs we’re learning/dealing with their new arc welder powered electronic ignitions. No one at the parts store had the thick 7mm wires on the shelf, so it was off to the dealership. The new wires solved the problem.

Fun times!

I had a '75 Tradesman SWB, 318 auto, single rear door. I fixed it up with paneling, carpeting, bed in back with spare tire and tools underneath. Suberb vehicle for camping.

I sold new vehicles in 1985.
I obviously didn’t sell enough of them because a year later I was framing houses.
Regardless...
I remember the van craze was still going then. We had Chevy vans converted by “Landmark” in Fairfield, CA.
Earlier though, Dad would sometimes bring home a Van from whatever dealership he was working. There was a lot of freedom back then for the sales staff to take cars from the lot for personal use.
Dad used to call those “Hippie Vans”.

I prepped/serviced quite a few working at a Dodge dealership. I was surprised at some of the major work I had to do on them right off the car carrier! Didn't have that problem with the new cars, just the vans.

Auto Transport Service
Back