• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used Police cars ???

I have a '13 AWD Charger 5.7. Can't speak to police, I bought mine new when they still offered it to us peons.
I also don't know what they changed in the 7 years after they built mine.
I do know people put the '11 and '12 on a chassis dyno and the AWD showed 35HP more then the 2wd.
They also did 0-60 faster. Conflicting data from people that did swaps, opened their diff. to verify, and factory data on what gear ratio is in the AWD. Consensus was it was a slightly higher ratio based on testimony from the "new charger" forum I signed up for back then and haven't been on since 2014. But no solid conclusions. I never opened mine. Might be a year to year thing too.
The nanny computer is certainly tuned different. Traction control can be turned off for launching and you will still hook if you have good tires. Yes, flooring it from 0mph and no burnouts and all launch does matter. It is not as fun as righteous burnouts, but it is fun in a different way.
My car was built in Canada, put on a train, and sent down to the USA, then unloaded and brought to my local dealer. I heard they were going to halt production up there and move it down here. Not sure if they did or what year they did.

Most of the 5.7 things should have been handled at the milage of the car OP is looking at. On mine, it is as simple as pushing the menu button on the wheel to find hours, various data on the car and digital gauges not on the dash. Not sure about a '20. As others said, look at hours. In WI cops sit in their cars for hours at idle watching for speeders. Zero miles on the odometer.

people say the RWD and AWD don;t matter. 25 years ago people used to say the V6 vs V8 didn't matter in a lot of Fords and Chevy. Not in Chryslers, because the saps at Chrysler wouldn;t make a V8 car. Millenials say old big blocks are over rated and newer tiny hondas have more HP.
Drive one, and then decide. My AWD is the best winter vehicle I have ever owned, and I have had full size broncos, trucks, my dakota, etc. Only ground clearence in big snow slows it down. Best vehicle on ice I have ever driven, and I lived here my whole life.

Auto Transport Service
Back