• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Vent window screw (screws)

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert horman

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Wanted special screw that holds 1968-70 B body vent window top corner to glass track together. If a member might have a broken junk vent frame and wants to remove the screw, I would be very grateful to them if they would get the screw to me. Bob Horman

53 vent 1.JPG

53 vent 2.JPG

53 vent 3.JPG

53 vent 4.JPG

It's true, nothing special but it actually an 8-24 X 7/16" with a Phillips head. Any hardware store will have them. If you can't find it, I can send you one.

100_1502.JPG

I looked at my Mopar collection and I have nothing like it. the threads are very fine with flat head screw so window glass won't touch screw. I pulled one out of the other side and I don't have anything like it and I have a drawer full of sorted screws, the screw is special to the vent frame Bob Horman

Okay Bob I'll help you out. Just pulled this out of my Bee. 7/16 grip length.. head is flat ( you could grind a dome head down). 8 -24 thread... It is not fine thread which is -32. Just like 6pack showed above..
20240503_151300.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a picture of the screw from other side vent fram I removed to show what I need Bob H

53 screw.JPG

Here is a picture of the screw from other side vent fram I removed to show what I need Bob H

View attachment 1657259
Well.......I guess they must be special..........They are not 8-32, They don't make an 8-24. I don't think they used any metric junk back in 68.
It appears to be something around a 9-24. Anyway Robert, PM me your address and I will send you one. Otherwise I guess you could re-tap the hole and put in a 10-24.

Well.......I guess they must be special..........They are not 8-32, They don't make an 8-24. I don't think they used any metric junk back in 68.
It appears to be something around a 9-24. Anyway Robert, PM me your address and I will send you one. Otherwise I guess you could re-tap the hole and put in a 10-24.
I am closing this wanted ad with big thanks to Ed (sixpactogo) member for helping me out by sending me a screw I posted needing for my vent frame. Big thanks to Ed and other members who helped. This website is fantastic with members helping other members! Words cannot express the feelings I have for the membership of B Bodies website. Bob Horman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back