• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walking and health.: How many steps?

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
10,000 per day is not science based. It was a marketing gimmick to sell pedometers.

IMG_20240820_083928186.jpg

IMG_20240820_083655400.jpg

a friend of mine had one of those who helped me frame a truck stop one time we were areound 15k a day all inside a 8k sq' ft' building

a friend of mine had one of those who helped me frame a truck stop one time we were areound 15k a day all inside a 8k sq' ft' building
I bought a cheap Amazfit from Amazon. It tracks lots of stuff but I only use the steps, heart rate monitor and sleep monitor.

I was up to 10,000 after my heart surgery. Since then I have fallen way off to less than 5,000 but I have been nursing plantar faciates.

I think his is an apple watch or something. My hearing aids are supposed to track that stuff, but don't seem to be that accurate, and I just do my thing by keeping busy.

I have the planter stuff going on too comes and goes, the best thing i found is to take a small folded up sock and place it barely in front of my heel. After a few days goes away for me.

I think his is an apple watch or something. My hearing aids are supposed to track that stuff, but don't seem to be that accurate, and I just do my thing by keeping busy.
I try to avoid the life-sucking couch. Sitting destroys our health and fitness. Just look at Buddha.

I went on a cruise a few weeks ago thought I was gonna be in store for some hot cuties to look at, wrong about 5 out of 2k. The human race is getting too soft and comfortable for the marority.

I try to avoid the life-sucking couch. Sitting destroys our health and fitness. Just look at Buddha.
Moderating here and on Joey's other sites doesn't help me. I do sit a lot.

I walk around my neighborhood, three times a day.
Each walk is one mile, around my neighborhood.
At my pace it takes me 18 minutes, if i don't talk to anyone, or pet the dogs.
I put one of those step meters in my pocket, and it's right around 2,200 steps for the mile.
So, 3 times a day, 6,600 steps, but who knows how many after that, doing things, that i normally do, doing the day.

I average 15-18k a day. Walking the dogs and having a puppy makes it fun. Dropped the BP meds earlier this year.

I would walk more and could lose some weight if my feet and knees felt better. My feet and knees would feel better if I would walk more and lose some weight. It's a vicious circle!

I would walk more and could lose some weight if my feet and knees felt better. My feet and knees would feel better if I would walk more and lose some weight. It's a vicious circle!
You can lose the weight and feel much, much better if you go on the carnivore diet. Then you can start walking.

My wife does 10k per day. She lost 16lbs so far.
Walking is very good for the body.
My routine for loosing weight, was upping the distances that i walk and eating a whole lot less.
Between April, and October, last year i lost 50 pounds off this old mans body. (71) And i'm 5 foot, 11 inch, in height.
The doctors tell me i'm pretty much at an ideal weight, for my age, and height.
I started out at 230 pounds, and got down to 180 pounds, and currently i have been staying around in the higher 170 pounds range, by continuing to walk.

The wife have a weight goal loss in sight, or just something that's been happening with the walking?

My wife walks 10 miles a day. At the end of the week, I go and pick her up, and bring her back home. LOL

The X had some kind of a watch that monitored steps, sleep etc but it would beep in the middle of the night and wake me up. Finally told her to quit eating so much and get rid of that dang 'alarm clock'!
Moderating here and on Joey's other sites doesn't help me. I do sit a lot.
I sit a lot too at times but in the past year I've been on my feet more than I ever have. Today I took a day off (it's also 104 outside) and went to eat Mexican food a bit ago lol
I lost 35 lbs before the X left but that took awhile then after she left and the eating in front of the TV stopped, I lost another 20 lbs. Feels good specially when I can wear clothes that were wasting in the closet.

Auto Transport Service
Back