• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Wanted, missing '74 SE Column part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Rush

Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
I needed to rebuild the steering stem coupler which was actually an easy task. During Column reassembly and installation I discovered a missing part ( see attached ).
Missing Sleeve.jpg

That part was not there when I took the column apart but expect it should be. Anyone know of a source or happen to have one they'd let go of?

Thanks so much for any help!

Have you confirmed this part is needed for the steering column to function correctly? Was it working fine (without the sleeve) prior to your repair?

There are some parts so specialized, so unique, they can only be had when buying the whole assembly they come with. So worst case scenario, you may need to buy a whole used steering column to acquire this part.

If the sleeve is simple enough, dimensionally, a machine shop could craft you a replica for less cost than the whole steering column.

If this were my problem to solve, I would seek another steering column, remove and copy the part, reassemble and resell the column to recover my costs. You can decide if you want the OEM or newly made part on your car.

I reviewed the 1970-1971 Dealer Parts Book, and see the sleeve among the parts.

19-14-123 SLEEVE, Steering Column Shaft Lock Plate, Except Tilt, Telescopic Steering. #3467178

This part appears to be the same... everywhere, for all models. This part may be easier to find than I thought. You'll likely still need a donor steering column.

A quick search for the part number shows an epay listing at $20

Mopar 3467178 Steering Column Sleeve | eBay

Thanks for the hint. Just happen to have the parts manual. That sleeve is not used in my application! PROBLEM SOLVED.

Thanks for the hint. Just happen to have the parts manual. That sleeve is not used in my application! PROBLEM SOLVED.
Please hit the "Mark Sold' button just below the title above to close this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back