• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watched Blazing Saddles for about the 8th time last night....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
And laughed even more than ever and especially so after my squeeze laughed her *** off after seeing it for the first time! It took us at least 3 and a half hours to watch it since she couldn't get it together and well, she had to go to the bathroom a couple of times because she couldn't hold it together! The first time was when Lili Von Shtupp (Madeline Kahn) did her piece on being so tired and then the second time when she saw the KKK guys and the part where the sheriff said 'where are ya white women' and well, what can I say. Just kain't believe she never saw it before now! Btw, this is a movie that I didn't really care for the first time to see it but gave it another viewing and it's been downhill from there!

I'm surprised they still even show it on television! I thought it would have been banned in 2020,like everything else was!

I'm surprised they still even show it on television! I thought it would have been banned in 2020,like everything else was!
I'm surprised too!!! It's edited for time mostly and the 'N' word is also edited along with some others but reading lips ain't all that hard....even though, it's still funny as can be!

A fantastic comedy STICHK!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Today it is highly edited or not shown for the content. Really a sad state when we no longer can laugh at all about ourselves. Another classic of Mel Brooks is History of the World Parts 1&2 and then Young Frankenstein....Harvey Corman and his Hey Heady...Its Headly replay is a classic along with the Dom Delouis part in the movie studio...The French Mistake... ...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag::usflag::usflag:

A fantastic comedy STICHK!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Today it is highly edited or not shown for the content. Really a sad state when we no longer can laugh at all about ourselves. Another classic of Mel Brooks is History of the World Parts 1&2 and then Young Frankenstein....Harvey Corman and his Hey Heady...Its Headly replay is a classic along with the Dom Delouis part in the movie studio...The French Mistake... ...cr8crshr/Bill :usflag::usflag::usflag:

I kait believe any part of that the movie is being replayed these days!!!

“Piss on you, I’m working for Mel Brookes”.

:rofl:

If my fiance sees this she will.....well....she will be in the bath room LOL
fiance' (?), damn that was quick...

congrats
Blazing Saddles,
That's a great flick, no matter how many times I see it
I laugh my butt off, most all of Mel Brooks stuff was great

they couldn't never/ever make it (or most any of his films) today
unless it was making fun of Jews (he is one)
& all the others/douchebags in Hollyweirdo/DC supporting Terrorists/Hamas type deal
or not speaking up at all, is just as bad, freaken' hypocrites, ever single one

Hollyweirdos or their producers all suck *** now,
there no humor/real humor, true comedy in the new crap

Last edited:
2024 TV edition..

:rofl: that's about it...

I watched it on IFCHD channel #790 here on Xfinity 1 cable
all the stuff was still in it on TV,
curse words, the N-word when Sherrif Bart shows up,
the gays dancing, the KKK stuff, you name it, unedited
except with commercials

My friends and I do our best to get together and watch some classics once or twice a year..
That always includes Blazing Saddles..still makes us all laugh..

Last edited:
And laughed even more than ever and especially so after my squeeze laughed her *** off after seeing it for the first time! It took us at least 3 and a half hours to watch it since she couldn't get it together and well, she had to go to the bathroom a couple of times because she couldn't hold it together! The first time was when Lili Von Shtupp (Madeline Kahn) did her piece on being so tired and then the second time when she saw the KKK guys and the part where the sheriff said 'where are ya white women' and well, what can I say. Just kain't believe she never saw it before now! Btw, this is a movie that I didn't really care for the first time to see it but gave it another viewing and it's been downhill from there!
I must live in a cave. I don't think I have ever watched it.

Just 8 times? That it? :lol:

Just 8 times? That it? :lol:
Right? I probably saw 8 times by the time I turned 18 hahaha!
I actually watched it recently (well, most of it until I fell asleep) on TCM and there was no editing whatsoever, just like all their movies (amazing considering the channel was started by Ted FondaTurner)... I will give them a thumb's up for refusing to censor any old films.
The only thing I've seen resembling wokeism is they showed a disclaimer before the beginning of "Gone With The Wind" about "certain audiences possibly being offended"....

I must live in a cave. I don't think I have ever watched it.

You're not in a cave, man.
I've only seen parts of it. I've heard people talk about it for years but have never watched it all the way through.

HOLY ****. IT'S MONGO!
The delivery of this line makes me bust out every time.
Same with the guy in the bar listening to his friend...
"Forget that ****, it's Mongo!"
Something about how deliberately and well annunciated they use the curse word makes me laugh through the whole scene.

Auto Transport Service
Back