• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wear your helmet dudes!

Risk, or unreasonable risk, has to be assessed
Ten miles over speedlimit, wearing a seat belt, verses 100 mph not wearing a belt. (We've all seen the latter).
Lane splitting at ten miles over traffic speed, with a helmet, verses lane splitting at 50mph faster than traffic, without a helmet. (I've seen the latter)
Crossing a busy street with a walk sign, verses running across a freeway.
Insurance should cover everyday risks we all take. Not unreasonable risk.

So where do you draw the line in regards to risk? If you were not wearing full leathers and get road rash, if you were not wearing your seat belt in a vehicle and get injured, if you were going 5-10 mph over the speed limit in your vehicle, if you are walking in the woods and get attacked by a wild animal, crossing a busy street etc. Everything we do has some amount of risk and yet we all do those things - you can never completely remove risk so that`s why we HAVE insurance.
I have no problem drawing a line here and defending it.
Chances of dying from a head injury are high in a motorcycle collision.
Chances of dying from road rash is far lower.
If a rider is OK with the suffering while healing from road rash, I'm OK with the rider wearing a Bikini.
We have insurance because of a collective mindset to accept the risk as a group, and I, as noted, am not willing to accept the risk with those choosing not to wear a helmet.
And yes, everything has a risk, little is black and white in life, and why drawing a line is necessary.

Let those that ride decide [helmet]
If you don't ride then you should be quiet but you are entitled to an opinion and that is about it
I ride... 45 states 300,000 miles of USA 2 lane touring miles over the last 22 years
Let's talk about you a$$holes driving your cars... how much time do you have?
Dude.....................................

Let those that ride decide [helmet]
If you don't ride then you should be quiet but you are entitled to an opinion and that is about it
I ride... 45 states 300,000 miles of USA 2 lane touring miles over the last 22 years
Let's talk about you a$$holes driving your cars... how much time do you have?
Dude.....................................
I see just as many a$$holes riding bikes as I do four wheel vehicles.

Auto Transport Service
Back