• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wear your helmet dudes!

SteveSS

Local time
11:55 AM
Reaction score
My daughter just called. Saw a dead rider in an intersection. Laying on his back, older guy, eyes open with a pool of blood around his head. There were people there but no ambulance yet. The people were not doing anything, he was dead.

4th one on the Front Range this week. Traffic can be a bitch here. A lot of riders take scary chances.

It is the law in Ontario. Still, last Friday, was huge Friday 13th Motorcycle Meet in Port Dover, Ontario. One biker killed in SUV/Bike accident going to it in the morning, and another killed in 3 bike pile-up going home. Sad

Helmet, gloves, and proper attire. Only if you have any common sense.

If riders want to ride without a helmet, I don't want to tell them they have to. But I will always ride with a helmet. Saved my life once.

Helmet has been required In california for decades.(32 years, to be exact). I'm used to seeing riders in AZ without helmets, especially when we have the big summer river runs in Laughlin, but I actually saw a guy on the street in Cali a few days ago, flouting the law. I'm betting he got as far as the first cop that saw him.

Last edited:
Riding in NJ or NY is almost suicidal with all the road maniacs, as well as the dummys that have no business with a driver license.

If riders want to ride without a helmet, I don't want to tell them they have to. But I will always ride with a helmet. Saved my life once.
I'm also against helmet laws, since I believe in personal freedom. However... however... should you decide to do so, any financial consequences are the riders responsibility COMPLETELY, including any and all assets. You play... you pay. Not me.

I'm also against helmet laws, since I believe in personal freedom. However... however... should you decide to do so, any financial consequences are the riders responsibility COMPLETELY, including any and all assets. You play... you pay. Not me.
Could NOT agree more! (You're a veg, and the money runs out...... lights off)

Just ave away my last motorcycle. A NSR250. A rare collector bike. I’m getting too old and don’t want to go out any earlier than I have too. Guy I gave it too is very happy and will appreciate it and take care of it as much as I did.

Considering that people die from a 6' fall from a ladder due to a head injury, riding without a quality helmet is suicidal.

Last edited:
I gave up riding in the early 80’s when a woman who was parked on the right suddenly made a U-turn directly in front of me, leaving me nowhere to go but into her left front fender. I came out of it with some road rash, a couple cracked ribs, ruined leather jacket and a scraped up helmet.

As far as

I gave up riding in the early 80’s when a woman who was parked on the right suddenly made a U-turn directly in front of me, leaving me nowhere to go but into her left front fender. I came out of it with some road rash, a couple cracked ribs, ruined leather jacket and a scraped up helmet.

As far as
1984 for me... Sitting an a red light (light traffic) waiting for it to change... Heard screeching tires behind me... Luckily traffic was light & I was able to run the red light.... Turns out there was a CHP on the overpass to my right, He hit his lights & pulled to Ford LTD over.... Driver was drunk as a skunk... I figured I dodged a bullet that night & didn't feel like pushing my luck... Dirt bikes are cool, road bikes? Not worth it...

lady at work witnessed a bad cycle / truck crash....his helmet flew off on impact and he was bleeding bad . she was very shook still 2 days later. she yelled at me for riding my CT70 with out a helmet.

I don’t ride much anymore, but I always wear a helmet. When I got my first dirt bike Ipromised my mom I would always wear a helmet, I made the same promise when I bought my street bike. I don’t mind wearing one.

A motorcycle rider was killed here on the weekend also not far from my home.......no helmet.

Police arrived within about ten minutes as he had been at home watching TV at the time of death.

Auto Transport Service
Back