• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were there any mod tops on 69 Chargers?

Dodge called them floral tops. Plymouth called them mod tops. I saw one Daytona that had one,they said that it was dealer installed. No Daytona Chargers came from the factory with vinal tops of any kind.

I don't care what they found that it came that way from the factory, I would never put that hideous top back on.

I don't care what they found that it came that way from the factory, I would never put that hideous top back on.
They are saying that because the top material was under the trim clips it was factory. I don't buy that story. Creative didn't install vinal tops. The Superbirds were assembled in house by Chrysler,Creative just made the parts for the Superbirds,they didn't assemble them like they assembled the Daytona and 500 cars. So because all Superbirds had vinal tops,Chryseler installed the tops. Who ever put the floral top on the Daytona probably removed the rear glass to install the top.

Auto Transport Service
Back