• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wet fuel on top of secondary venturis

hoover

Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
I am working on some afb carburetors and there is fuel on top of the venturis where theyvscrew into the carb body. I can't tell if it is coming from where the fuel transfers across from pass side to drivers.
I have 5 psi on the pressure guage.
The floats are set correctly.
Any other ideas? 17220857013478269525822536570529.jpg

I am working on some afb carburetors and there is fuel on top of the venturis where theyvscrew into the carb body. I can't tell if it is coming from where the fuel transfers across from pass side to drivers.
I have 5 psi on the pressure guage.
The floats are set correctly.
Any other ideas?View attachment 1701355
IMO.....by your pix, it looks like the SECONDARY BOOSTER VENTURI?? What model of AFB carbs do you have?? Do you have the correct gaskets installed under the booster venturii assemblies? Some models of AFB carbs, have air bleeds on the SECONDARY BOOSTER VENTURI ASSEMBLIES, to prevent any fuel from siphoning over and also function as secondary fuel emulsion air source, near or directly over the main booster emulsion tube. If these air bleeds are clogged or restricted, fuel may siphon over, due to thermal expansion of the fuel during a hot soak cycle, even if the SECONDARY throttle plates are closed......just a thought......
BOB RENTON

Last edited:
Thanks,
While I was checking that, I found the seats were loose.
After snugging them up the problem went away.
These are some carbs that my father bought "ready to run" for his hemi project.
Just because they were supposed to be good to go, I made some assumptions.
Everything else seem pretty good.

What do you mean seats loose? You mean you needed to tighten the secondary booster screws?

Hoover,
I was paying your Dad a compliment. He bought some good carbs...

Auto Transport Service
Back