• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the difference between a corner lamp and side marker?

Good question.
In some models, there was a light that lit up and stayed ON while the turn signals flashed. I've only seen this in C bodies but the feature may have been implemented in other cars, I just don't know.
Other cars, the turn signals were visible from the front and the side because they wrapped around the corner. They blinked as normal but were lit up when the headlight switch was activated.

Good question.
In some models, there was a light that lit up and stayed ON while the turn signals flashed. I've only seen this in C bodies but the feature may have been implemented in other cars, I just don't know.
Other cars, the turn signals were visible from the front and the side because they wrapped around the corner. They blinked as normal but were lit up when the headlight switch was activated.
I seem to remember that now. Thanks for explaining.

Some of those C-body T/S switches with the extra 3-wire pig tail for the cornering lights can be used on the other platforms with a non-tilt column. Just leave the pig tail hanging. I’ll take an OE corning lamp switch over any current repo T/S switch offering any day.

Some of those C-body T/S switches with the extra 3-wire pig tail for the cornering lights can be used on the other platforms with a non-tilt column. Just leave the pig tail hanging. I’ll take an OE corning lamp switch over any current repo T/S switch offering any day.
Good to know.

Auto Transport Service
Back