• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what have i done

RT SE 440

Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello all I've just wired my whole car with a new wiring loom the good news is mostly everything works lights work flashers flash cabin lights work brake lights work reverse lights etc all working so i have the most of it good but when i turn the ignition on to turn the motor over it powers up the ac clutch instead of the starter motor all the engine compartment wires are in the right place I'm sure it's under the dash i went wrong but where ?

I would double check the colors on the steering column connections. I bought a M&H harness and 2 wires were in the wrong place. I could not turn my car off.

Re-check the wires from the bulkhead to the engine compartment components. Trace the starter circuit and the AC circuit in particular.

Yes that's pretty much what my next move was but i suppose what i was wondering is there a wire under the dash in the ignition or ac loom beside the bulkhead that will plug together which would cause the starter system to turn the air con on.This is what happens the fan is running as soon as i turn the ignition to acc and then clicks the ac clutch on when i go to crank the engine but the fan also will change speeds when i go through the fan speeds cycles

Best course of action is to try the old-fashioned method of troubleshooting the tried-and-true way by using a schematic/wiring diagram and checking/testing circuits. As post #2 mentioned, theres a possibility of mixed circuits, whether from your installation or manufactured incorrectly.

Hi.
I'm just wiring my charger with a painless wiring loom.
I have everything working, but the gauges.
Do you happen to have pictures from the back of the dash? Just trying to find out where I have gone wrong.

Auto Transport Service
Back