• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is yall's crank regrinding costs these days......

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
My move to a small town has pushed me into finding the closest machine shop that can regrind cranks. The shop I chose was about an hours drive away. They did a couple for me a while back at $150 each and did a good job. Just got three more back, a cast and a forged 440, and a forged 413, I think. The new charge was $250 each. I was kinda shocked at the jump in price. While I paid a lump sum to an older racer for a truck load of his lifelong accumulations, I figure I got $50-$60 bucks in the old cores. What are stock aftermarket cranks costing these days? At $300 bucks each , I don't think I can get my money back , even at the swap meets. What are y'all paying these days.

IMG_0750.jpg

I dunno but I used to pay about $150 a couple of decades ago so $250 doesn't sound that bad. New cranks seem to be about $1k today so $300 plus a bit for you doesn't seem too bad if a stock stroke is what a person needs. Whenever I buy a new crank I pay a machinist to check it out too, so that adds to the new cost as well.

I talked to a machinist the other day who said they keep raising prices on their engine stuff, but still aren’t making any money.
Economy is out of wack.

Auto Transport Service
Back