• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you do

It's for insurance claims for
parties involved. No proof
shifts the cost to the victim
for repairs. The insurance
company can deny
settlement if comprehensive
coverage isn't included in
your policy.
Comprehensive coverage is "other than collision", not applicable for collision damage. Collision coverage or uninsured motorist coverage (state coverage takes precedent ) would apply, with whatever deductible the owner would be responsible for. If hit-and-run, most companies require a police report.

Right before getting on the New Jersey Turnpike going to Carlisle Chryslers I am backing out of the parking spot at the convenience store and the right rear of my '92 B350 van's bumper catches the right rear bumper this guy's black 2021 Mustang convertible. OH, S**T! I went in and yelled, nobody answered, a guy came out of the men's room, not him, it was the guy in the stall! I waited for him. First call he makes is to his lawyer father! Then he calls 911, we exchange info, we wait for the cop, 10 minutes later he comes, in the middle of talking to us he gets a call, there's a bad accident, we need to wrap this up. The other driver is from Pennsylvania with a car registered in Maryland without insurance card! From my perspective there was not much damage but who knows. I called my agent and she said wait 'till we hear from them. So here I am 2 1/2 weeks later.......
I don't know your precise details, but if you're exiting a parking space, you must yield to the lane of traffic.

Write the plate # & description of the people & car
& report it to the authorities immediately
any good citizen would

So you see someone hit a parked car and take off , would you call it in ?
Yes I did this about a year ago.. It was an eldery lady who backed out and side swiped a car from out of state ripping off the front bumper of the other car. She started rubbing on it at the front door then fender to bumper. I was sitting in my Truck while my wife ran into the store and couldn't believe she drove away. She left I ran up to here in the parking lot and told her what she did. I then said I have your plate and I am giving you a chance to do the right thing. She reluctantly went back and put here information under the wiper blade and left. Not knowing if it was really her information I called the cops. They were there in a minute and verified it was indeed her information verified by her vehicle description and tag. I was pissed for the other people who if I was not there had thousands in damage.

Auto Transport Service
Back