• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the biggest/widest tire that will fit a stock 63 POLARA?

:munky2:
Joe- if he's got 700hp and a kiesler 5spd in his Savoy he can flip off anyone he wants to!

come on, there has to be more pics and sizes out there?

RUMBLON

Attachments

• tire%20piles%201.jpg
    tire%20piles%201.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 459
Well, I bought a set and they r being mounted, I hope 4.5 back spacing works up fro t as well. ???? Any ideas? Will it hit the sway bar?

295/50/15 nothing has been moved in, hope its not to late.

Attachments

• polara3.jpg
    polara3.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 449
  • dodge.jpg
    dodge.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 488
RUMBLON, what tire sizes are you going with? I'd like to go with 15 x 8 at all 4 corners as well on my 63, please post pics when you can

Just joking with ya! :bootyshake:

I appreciate you help believe me.

Well, I have room for 10 cars inside and have no room. I am selling my 70 belvedere tomorrow and then I can get this beast inside and on my lift and see whatup. That said. here are a few pics of what I bought on satrurday.

rear 275-60 15s.
front 235 6015s and I HOPE THEY FIT!!!!
These are summit legend series.Kind of a TQ knock off. I think they will look good with a black car.

what ya think?

RUMBLON

Attachments

• lkhiih.jpg
    lkhiih.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 434
  • WP_000022.jpg
    WP_000022.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 435
  • WP_000020.jpg
    WP_000020.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 436
  • WP_000017.jpg
    WP_000017.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 439
  • WP_000016.jpg
    WP_000016.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 413
I like the "mud grip" rears and skinny front whitewall better...:bootyshake:

Throw your big motor in, those tires on and drive that puppy!

Any pics with them mounted? I'm curious how the front will look, same sizes I'm looking at only with steelies.

Any pics with them mounted? I'm curious how the front will look, same sizes I'm looking at only with steelies.

Nope I took those that day.I am in the middle of painting a buddies trailer and doing spring yard work on 2 1/2 acres, major stuff with a tractor.

So I hope by next weekend, to have some room in the shop and get them on and test them. I also want to see if I can get this thing running with a little effort before taking out the 383 and storing it and getting the engine bay in black for the 500 stroker.

I will post them when I have some pics.

RUMBLON

RUMBLON-

I'm stumped. Since both you and I are working on 63 Polara Convertibles, I'm so curious to see how your combination fits. Because I think our cars are red headed children in the Chrysler world. I've been working on Moshers cars for some years now (most here know) and pretty much now the standard 15x8 with 4 1/2 inch B.S. works fine. Not on mine. With a stock, tapered bearing axle, I started with a full set of 15 x5.5 steels, sourced from one of my donor A-100's. Mounted with a 215 75R15 tire, it left me with a full thumbswidth. This would be about 1 inch. These rims have 4 inches of backspacing. Now-on my car, no way, no how could a 15x8 with 4 inch B.S. fit!! I call my good friend Bob (Mosher). Why, I ask... "Its those darned tapered axles on the vert, Dale". So- what do you do? Those centersections from the A-100 are to me, THE BOMB!! They are perfectly hub-centric, and will take the stock dogdish hubcap. Exactly what I want. I went out to Custom and Commercial Wheel, after exhausting three different wheel shops looking for a 15" wheel that I could rob the outer ring from. None had the correct size to fit the center from the A-100. Commercial had them, new, and in the 7 inch width. Check the pictures if you can. I set these rims up with 3 3/4" Backspacing, which gave me the 2 1/2" inch clearance to the leaf springs. I'm actually going to bring them back to 3 1/2" inch to get it perfectly centered. So- I "think" that for our cars, that 3 1/2" B.S. is optimal. Please let me know what you find out. I"m shooting for a 255 60R 15 in the rear of my Vert.

http://public.fotki.com/teddisnoke/brians-polara-vert/page16.html

Auto Transport Service
Back