• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy new J bolt?

ga66mopar

Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
I need a new j bolt for my 66 belvedere. I was installing a new gas tank and mine broke. 66 has the single j bolt which must be different then the 68 and up twin j bolts.
Does anyone know where I can buy this?

Yearone carries them. I think they are in Georgia. The phone number is 1800-932-7663 or in Atlanta the number is 706-658-2140. I found them on the website.

Check eBay. Great deals. I get some killer stuff off there.

Is the single j-bolt that came on the 66-67 b-body the same at the twin j bolts that came on the 68-70 b-bodies?

Is the single j-bolt that came on the 66-67 b-body the same at the twin j bolts that came on the 68-70 b-bodies?

No, the "J" fuel tank strap mounting stud with the "button" on the top, that Year One sells and listes as for use on 1966 -70 B-Body cars will NOT work on 1966 and 1967 B-Body cars! :no: I don't have any pictures of the correct stud for the 66-67 cars, but it looks like a question mark ? without the button on the end and the "hook" end attaches into a hole on the rear frame rail on the right side of the car. There is only 1 mounting strap and 1 mounting stud used on the 66-67 cars, instead of 2 that are used on the 68-70 B-Body cars and the stud that Year One sells is correct for the 68-70 cars.

Richard

I checked RT Specialties website. They don't have one listed but I sent them an email.

I checked RT Specialties website. They don't have one listed but I sent them an email.

I bought a brand new one years age, but I don't remember where I bought it. The correct OEM part number for the 1966-67 fuel strap mounting stud is #2660872 and the nut for the threaded end of the stud is part #6023397.

If Tom Race at R/T Specialties doesn't have one, you might want to contact one of the companies that sells LOTS of nos parts that I have done business with over the years called Collectors Auto Supply. They show having a used one (see listing below that I posted from their web site) which should work great for you unless you're building a 100 point show car. They don't show having the nut, but once again, unless you're building a show car, Home Depot or any hardware store will have what you need. Here's the link to Collectors Auto Supply www.collectorsautosupply.com or you can call them toll free at 1-888-772-7848. The gentlemans name who I always do business with on the phone is Greg and he is a great guy to deal with.I hope this helps you out.

Richard

Part# Type Price Quantity Description CT Vehicle YE AR
2660872 USED $54 1 Stud, Fuel Tank Strap

I have to agree.... The j-bolt that year one sells is the wrong one, I know I bought it and it didn't fit. I attached a pic(i hope) that shows what the correct j-bolt looks like. I was lucky and found one for sale on E-bay. Good luck.

jbolt.jpg

I have to agree.... The j-bolt that year one sells is the wrong one, I know I bought it and it didn't fit. I attached a pic(i hope) that shows what the correct j-bolt looks like. I was lucky and found one for sale on E-bay. Good luck.

Yep, that's the correct 66-67 piece. Thanks for the great picture, as it saves me from having to get underneath my 66 Coronet 500 to shoot a picture! :grin

Richard:

Actually no, that isn't the correct J-bolt. I have one on my '66 and my dad's
'66 has the same one mine has. I am away from home till May 17th, but can and will take a picture if needed, but the picture of the "hook" is not the correct bolt.

1000337 NUT SET FUEL TANK J-BOLT NUT $8.00 $8.00. This is suppose to be for 66-67 B-Bodies. This is at R/T specialties. I can't amagine the nut it self cost 8.00 The one stud and nut should be around that price since the two together for a 68-70 cost 18.00

Last edited:
Go to the hardware store and buy a 3/8" x 3" "eye" bend it out to the question mark shape and weld or braze a 3/8" nut on the end. Cost is less then $3 and you can have that very day. Exactly what I did after I broke my factory bolt. Unless you are restoring to 100% original this should do the trick

Go to the hardware store and buy a 3/8" x 3" "eye" bend it out to the question mark shape and weld or braze a 3/8" nut on the end. Cost is less then $3 and you can have that very day. Exactly what I did after I broke my factory bolt. Unless you are restoring to 100% original this should do the trick

what he said

Here is the correct j-bolt for the '66-'67 B-bodies. This is exactly what my car has.

j bolts.jpg

onephat66 thats what we have on 68-70 b bodies with 2 straps on the tank. so if thats what you and your father have from the factory maybe there is more than one style for 66-67???

We actually only have one of the bolts on each car, but the picture has two in it. The '66-'67's have a single strap with the j-bolt attaching on the passenger side.

I agree with Mech440, the curved ? style is the only one that will work on the '67 single gas tank strap end. The ones that are straight with the button will not reach the end of the strap. MY original '67 GTX has the ? style ones.
'S just my opinion and I'm stickin' to it....

Auto Transport Service
Back