• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy new J bolt?

I still don't think the ? style is the correct one for the '67s. I can see on Mech440's car where the J-bolt I have would attach. It doesn't attach on the outside of the frame rail, it attaches on the bottom. You can see the hole in the bottom frame rail on Mech440's car. The '66 has the same single gas tank strap, just like the '67 and the same gas tank. I'll take pictures of mine when I get home on the 17th. I've never seen the ? style on any '66-'67 B-body, but maybe some 67's are using the wrong ones. The ? type just doesn't look like it belongs.

For some reason when I was originally commenting on this thread I wasn't thinking of the correct car/bolt. I stand corrected that the ? is the correct bolt for the '66-'67 B bodies. Thanks cobra67 for the link!!!

Last edited:
Here is the correct bolt for the '66 AND '67 B-body. I just got finished not long ago with a tank swapout. Here is my correct part.

IMG_0988.jpg

Now, notice that $30.00 "J-bolt" in the ebay ad...all that is, is a regular HEX bolt that has been heated and bent to appear "correct". It is "sorta-kinda" right. Go to the hardware store and bend your own for about three dollars, and make it appear just like the ebay example.

I'll be happy to sell anyone my correct bolt and nut for $30.00.

Auto Transport Service
Back