• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to stay in carlisle when towing a trailer?

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I did search and found nothing newer than 2014, so I'll ask, where is a good place to stay if you are towing a trailer? I don't want to risk driving this old 66 that far so I'm going to unload it at the motel and drive it for the weekend or until it breaks. Lol. Any experiences are appreciated.

I'll just say some motels...... have an overflow lot normally adjacent to their car parking lot.
Just ask them at the front desk, and tell them your plans on what you would like to do. There is a lot across from the gate 5 I think you may be able to park in, but you will need to call the fairgrounds and ask, cause it may cost something.

Youre getting pretty late in the game.
Maybe try the Hampton Inn in Chambersburg?

I am at the Hampton Inn in West Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg right off the pike and 15. Ton of trailer parking. Like said it's getting late. Good luck!

I am at the Hampton Inn in West Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg right off the pike and 15. Ton of trailer parking. Like said it's getting late. Good luck!

I'm across the street at the Hilton Homewood Suites

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express in east Mechanicsburg, and they have ample trailer parking. The Mopar contingent always works together there to make the best use of the space. A fair number of guys leave their trailers at the Carlisle Events parking area, and drive their show cars to the hotel. Most years I park with the same guys, don't have to worry about parking lot damage from outsiders. On years when I don't take the GTX, I use my daily driver as a buffer for the Mopars.

I looked around and being a tight ***, thrifty, I stayed at the same place as I did last year, the courtyard Shippensburg. I liked the hotel, it's very clean and nice, huge parking lot, and a bar. It took about 25 minutes or so to get to the fairgrounds and was a beautiful drive, so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for the input, I just can't justify 1k plus for a hotel room. Maybe next year I'll have a motorhome?

Being tight *** thrifty has made me the man I am today. :)

This is good info. Some day I'll get there but it's a 4hr drive and I'm not risking it. Will probably have to rent a U-hall trailer and a truck.

This is good info. Some day I'll get there but it's a 4hr drive and I'm not risking it. Will probably have to rent a U-hall trailer and a truck.
That's what I'm doing but I have a 2500 Cummins and an aluminum open trailer I use to tow my race car and derelict cars I drag home. Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back