• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whitey Ford Won't be Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one sent to the field of dreams! R.I.P.

As a lefty pitcher in Little League in '59, he was one of my idols along with Warren Spahn of the Braves(Milwaukee!)

As a lefty pitcher in Little League in '59, he was one of my idols along with Warren Spahn of the Braves(Milwaukee!)
Man! Now you're diggin up some old ball, WOW. Thanks!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As a kid growing up in the Bronx during the 50s and 60s, Yankee Stadium was my Field of Dreams. Whitey, Mick, Yogi, Roger and the others were more like family to me. They just never came over to visit. Great memories of those times.

Whitey Ford Sings the Blues? You Don't Know What Its Like!

RIP. Last of the wrecking crew.

dfukj.jpg

Whitey ran out of white privilege.
OH for heavens sake RC!!! That is just below the belt and quite frankly I would have thought better of you. Not funny and maybe you should take a time out from here and re-asses your sick profundity. Oh...RIP Whitey...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Ford would also acknowledge using some special methods to add movement to his pitches, including saliva, mud and dirt and cutting the ball with a ring.

"If there are some pitchers doing it and getting away with it, that's fine by me," Ford told sports writer Phil Pepe, in 1987. "If it were me and I needed to cheat to be able to throw the good stuff that would keep me in the major leagues at a salary of about $800,000 a year, I'd do whatever I had to do."

Not sure I'd admit something like that lol. Yup, the greats are going away and seems like here lately, it's happening at a faster rate. Hope he passed the audition.....

My dream came true in summer of 61, Yanks came for a twilight double header to play the Senators, all my hero baseball players were there. Sold out but my coach and I got in, we sat in the press box (long box with a long table and pull up chairs) over first base line over the dug out. A kids dream come true. Micky and the gang didn’t play the second game so we watched for a few innings then left, maybe 2:00 in the morning. Can’t even remember the score. Oh yea, my little league team was the YANKEES (coach being from NY) we were the expansion team lol. NOTHING but baseball for kids at that time!! Look what we got now, not worth the time of day! RIP Whitey, gangs together go play some ball

I had not seen it till now, mute point of not being down to eat.

...Just like watching my Pittsburgh Pirates snuff out the Yankees! I wasn't alive until 1968.

These days, the Pirates suck. The owner does not want to field a competitive team, truly sad.
However, I do remember "Bucco" teams as a kid that were very competitive for years leading up to 1979 World Series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back