• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who has the best front windscreen gaskets

dart6

Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
Hi
This is for my 70 RR also what is the best way to remove the screen

thx

new gasket I always used softseal, for removal I have used Eastwood.

if you want to save yourself money, All you really need is a razorblade and piano wire

Thanks for that
Are they typically hard to remove, not familiar with eastwood

thx

I am 50% on removing.

Broke one, got one.

Don't rush. If you get frustrated, take a break.

Can involve a good deal of time in an uncomfortable position.

I used a razor balde and guitar low E string.

Thanks for that
Are they typically hard to remove, not familiar with eastwood

thx

Eastwood is a restoration supply website. i think we was referring to using an eastwood product for the removal or the seal. Not sure what he was talking about and I buy a lot of stuff from Eastwood. :christmas_presents:

Randy

has anyone tried a gasket made by precision. I've heard that softseal are bulky and ill fitting or is that not the case.
Even better is it possible to get a nos one
thx

Softseal is supposed to be a good seal. When you reinstall keep in mind you will need to use sealer on the bottom edge especially in the corners. For removal use a razor to remove all of the seal that covers the glass and then work a wire through and then use two people to cut the seal with wire with a piece od wood on each end of the wire for grip. Take your time and don't force it and you won't break it.

Auto Transport Service
Back