• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Likes Ships? We Have Aircraft and Trains.

PT boats?
PT boats, the real heroes of Suriago Straight. Japan's big ships could not divert course to avoid torpedoes or they would have run aground. Another disastrous decision in a string of them by their commanders. The media put the glory on our resurrected Battleships, which of course played a role, but PT boats dumped over 50 torpedoes into the sides of Japanese ships in the straight that had no choice but to steam forward in a a straight line.
You might wonder what records I am looking at for this, but I am going by the testimony given over the years from both the Japanese and American sailors from when the internet was much younger. The older I get the more I trust first hand accounts of events from the normal citizens with nothing to gain then I do the big media that does.

Our Pearl Harbor Battleships pulling off a perfect maneuver and gunning them down without taking a shot in return makes for a much better war time moral booster in the papers though :)

1725258343020.png

The Wilmington (North Carolina) reserve fleet; nearly 700 ships were parked here after WWII. They stayed for about twenty years before being disposed of, the final ones in 1970.
1725482620131.png

1725482641190.png

Auto Transport Service
Back