• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are my ads not open for more responses?

Gary Spaid

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Usually a couple weeks after I post an ad to sell something the post is closed to further responses. Why does this happen? Do I have to repost every couple weeks?

Usually a couple weeks after I post an ad to sell something the post is closed to further responses. Why does this happen? Do I have to repost every couple weeks?
They time out and close if there are no responses.

I see some ads over a month old with no replies that are still open. But my ads all seem to be closed in about two weeks. So what gives?

I see some ads over a month old with no replies that are still open. But my ads all seem to be closed in about two weeks. So what gives?
Do the ads that are still open after a month belong to members that are Gold?? I'm not sure about it but iirc not too long ago ads would auto close after a certain period of time.

ads that are inactive for 30 days are automatically closed

Auto Transport Service
Back