• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WINDSHIELD INSTALL

EARLY B

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Working on 66 coronet, anyone here ever installed a windshield on this model? Need info and photo's on how the bottom of the gasket sets on the cowl. What type of sealer are you using in the lower part? The sides and the top are easy as the gasket sits on the pinch weld area. Any how to or videos ? Can not find anything on the web. AND yes I have the service manual.

Working on 66 coronet, anyone here ever installed a windshield on this model? Need info and photo's on how the bottom of the gasket sets on the cowl. What type of sealer are you using in the lower part? The sides and the top are easy as the gasket sits on the pinch weld area. Any how to or videos ? Can not find anything on the web. AND yes I have the service manual.
It is in the FSM.

WS1.JPG

WS2.JPG

I used a couple of yellow (nylon) panel tools when I installed the windshield on my 66 coronet. They were very helpful when opening the gasket up and levering the glass into place, didn't have to worry about the edge of the glass or tearing the gasket.

Installation step#4 what are the tabs??? Does the gasket set on top of them? Any photo's. Yes I have read this in my manual and looked at the drawlings.
The tabs are on the lower part of the opening. Look at your car.

There are a few good videos on Youtube if you do a search. I'm going to install mine so I was
looking. There are some product recommendations also.

Are there only 3 tabs for the lower rubber? does the rubber sit on top of the tabs?

Thanks for the video, It still does not show how to locate the gasket no the lower cowl tabs .

When I removed the gasket on my 65 it was set over a strip of white foam-I think closed cell. Maybe 1 1/2" wide, full length of horizontal flange. I believe it took the place of butyl caulk.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back